What's new

What makes the new Muhle/EJ heads so good?

Simple question. I read all the praise for the new style head but I don't know enough about safety razors to understand what makes it so good in the eyes of those that use it. Does it sit the blade differently or something?

At first it is all YMMV. Do not forget that!
For me they found the (almost) perfect combination of balance and aggressiveness. As a bonus they add great craftmanship and voila the best contemporary razor is born.
They do not make SUPER razors but somehow it is all coming together and without being spectacular it all just fits.

V

VR6ofpain

I'm looking into one of the EJ's because of this. It looks like a high quality Parker head.

At first it is all YMMV. Do not forget that!
For me they found the (almost) perfect combination of balance and aggressiveness. As a bonus they add great craftmanship and voila the best contemporary razor is born.
They do not make SUPER razors but somehow it is all coming together and without being spectacular it all just fits.

EJ says their heads use the Rolls Royce chrome plating. The quality of the head and what looks to be extra heavy chrome plating, add an extra level of luxury with these hand made heads showing exceptional craftsmanship. I have the EJ #86 with the black faux ebony handle and gave my opinion in the reviews on 5-29-09 in the EJ #87 thread.

Top Bottom