Abandoned By Gypsies.
- Back Roads Gold: Chris re-plated/restored a $10 Fatboy barn find (bottom, right). It now looks and shaves incredibly well. Very reasonably priced, and highly recommended.
- Razor Variations: I've read tales of auto assembly workers setting aside those 1-in-1,000 perfect mass-production parts, and then assembling entire vehicles to exacting tolerences using just those perfect parts. The end result is extraordinary. I can only assume Gillette has mass-produced razors with similar pedigrees. B&Bers often rave about fat-handled Techs. I have owned two, with middling results. Conversely, others have found Fatboys to yield "meh" results, yet my restored Fatboy produces luxurious shaves.
- Jack Handy: Not just some fictional Saturday Night Live character, Jack is real. After leaving SNL, he and wife Marta moved to Santa Fe where he now lives and shaves. Hopefully with a Fatboy. A few favorite "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy":
- If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
- It takes a big man to cry. It takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
- Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself. Mankind. Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind." What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.