What's new

What made you happy today?

Thanksgiving has always been a very important (and busy) holiday for me. It will be dull and quiet today. Even the household bubble unavoidably is dispersed.

I will be happy to have time to count blessings and reflect. I will text out a lot of thank-yous. I might even have time to figure out how to Zoom. Enjoy your pie!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Changing my voicemail message at work to a more polite version of: "I'm on holidays, don't bug me because you will be ignored".
Congrats my friend. We are going away soon-ish for Cherry Kountry, Traverse City for our anniversary. Oops! Good thing I looked at my watch! My anniversary is tomorrow. Dang. Missed out on Prime Day. Might have to buy something for the War Department at full price doggone!

I've got some unused Arko she likes the smell of..... maybe I will wrap some up for her.

And people on here think I ain't romantical and all that...

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
What made me happy today I was talking on the phone with a girl that I’ve known since I was two years old. We talked about the death of my father on Tuesday. Her and I have known him forever. She was kind and understanding and listen to me and I listen to her. She was never my girlfriend but she was and is my girl friend. Thank you Lisa.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
What made me happy today I was talking on the phone with a girl that I’ve known since I was two years old. We talked about the death of my father on Tuesday. Her and I have known him forever. She was kind and understanding and listen to me and I listen to her. She was never my girlfriend but she was and is my girl friend. Thank you Lisa.
Condolences my friend.

Changing my voicemail message at work to a more polite version of: "I'm on holidays, don't bug me because you will be ignored".

I'm elated that you woke up this thread! I see that there was pent up demand.

Three other things for me, and it isn't even dinner time yet.

>My ancient crummy (the vehicle formerly known as Minivan) passed its emissions test and got its plates renewed. For you illiterates, out here in the deep woods "crummy" means forestry crew vehicle. Mine is operated on the classic model: well-maintained and never cleaned.

>Got a loaf of vollkornbrot. It is the real deal.

>Tested my newly-made second set of diamond pasted balsa strops. Got an ultra sharp/keen edge and a gol danged incredible shave.

My first harvest of garlic I grew for the first time. There's still more to harvest, these just happened to be ready first.
That larger ones are elephant garlic and the others are of some unknown softneck variety. Both came out as single clove and when planted this fall they should grow into much larger multi clove bulbs next harvest.
20210624_102715.jpg

The 9 reasons PIF thread made me happy. Made me forget some of my troubles and remember my blessings that all stem from the main thing that makes me happy..... my under appreciated wife.

Wow. Stay strong. My very best wishes for your wife and yourself.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
This week?

🤔 Credit card number was stolen, but there were only six fraud charges.

Slipped and fell down stairs yesterday, but only cuts, bruises and sprain/swelling.

Roofer did more damage to our house than the hurricane - won't fix it - looking at legal action next week. But we have a roof.

Uninvited high-level guests coming tomorrow, so have to super-clean the house today. Though in pain, we'll have a clean house.

So, yeah. Mild injuries, new credit card, new roof, clean house, lots of nice things. Can always be worse.

AA

Being slightly ahead of @Ad Astra this week, I think. (Uninvited mid-level guests, helping mother-in-law move amidst a heat wave, wrist seems to be healing, house a mess, but pretty clean, too hot to really catch up on yard work. But no credit card issues, at present.) I'll take it!

Top Bottom