What's new

What made you happy today?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My granddaughter is now old enough that she knows when I ask for a hug, and she says no, that it saddens me. It have found a compromise. I ask if I can have a hug, she says no. I ask if I can have five, and she gives me five. I got five today before work. :)

I'm happy that... UFOs may be, um. Real?!

I mean, if you do the math, we can't possibly be alone in such a big ancient universe, and there are a number of reasons to believe that any life in the universe is either too primitive to reach us or too far away to care, but still. It's the kind of thing that'll put a smile on your face.

For me, somedays it's the small things.
Like today, just scrolling through this thread, sipping my coffee, and realizing that I have it pretty good.
Just being grateful, today, and happy to recognize it.
I think I will go outside and smell some roses.
Be well!

All quiet on this thread. I've been happy just to be home after 3 weeks, 5700 miles of sleeping in my van while attending to some sad family business.

Nuclear family! Sheets and pillowcases! A bathroom, just steps away! My garden! Fresh, ripe figs the size of small avocados ready to pick! Refrigeration!

Reuniting with a oversized collection of shave gear is nice, but it is pretty far down the list after these very basic items.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
We made cedar tea and learned a bannock recipe yesterday, as a family yesterday, while Zooming a workshop with a local artist. The whole family, together, in front of our laptop.
The last time we as a family were gathered around the laptop was when my essential worker son was sent home from work with a high fever in the early days of Covid for a video chat with the doctor.

We all came out okay, but I'd be lying if I said my prayers weren't a little more fierce for a bit.

Treasure your family. Duh. Like you don't already!

The last time we as a family were gathered around the laptop was when my essential worker son was sent home from work with a high fever in the early days of Covid for a video chat with the doctor.

We all came out okay, but I'd be lying if I said my prayers weren't a little more fierce for a bit.

Treasure your family. Duh. Like you don't already!

It's the little things, right?

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
My family spent the whole day at my parents’ home and tomorrow we will be with my wife’s parents.
Also, at a little shop near where I work I found 4 old simple school desks that were in good shape. The people there are cleaning them and are going to paint them. We will pick them up tomorrow. Two are for our home and two for our nephews.

Top Bottom