What's new

What made you happy today?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have a male cat (that I’ve had since he was a kitten), and a female cat we got from the shelter when Shadow was about 9 months. He is still used to being king of the house. He weighs about 2 pounds more than Tabby (my girl) and is about 8 months younger. He can be a butt head, and likes to try to intimidate her. This morning, I fed both of them the same food in different bowls. He tried to eat from hers, and I moved him back to his bowl, and turned my back. Just as I turned around he tried again- and Tabby smacked him in the face hard. He jumped back and went to his bowl as I laughed at him. We may have a new sheriff in town- she isn’t taking his mess anymore.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Backed up my new Samsung s10 phone from my old iphone 4. I liked my I-phone but they just got to costly.
I had my old Samsung s7 edge stolen out of the hospital while I was in the wash room. These thieves are so bold and take advantage of weak and elderly and youngsters.
The transfer went good and got some old phone #s and pictures that are nice to see.

Meantime, Gauthier’s avatar made me happy!
[/QUOTE]

Thank you indeed, Sir. Now you've made me happy.

By way of an explanation: I spent most of my life working as a librarian, and still identify with books. My avatar is a poster from a book fair held in Switzerland many long years ago. Swiss graphic arts/poster design attained a high quality those days.

Cheers,
Gauthier

Attachments

• IMG_0183.JPG
    IMG_0183.JPG
    628.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Meantime, Gauthier’s avatar made me happy!

Thank you indeed, Sir. Now you've made me happy.

By way of an explanation: I spent most of my life working as a librarian, and still identify with books. My avatar is a poster from a book fair held in Switzerland many long years ago. Swiss graphic arts/poster design attained a high quality those days.

Cheers,
Gauthier
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the additional update! It is the happiest thing yet in my day, today. My sister was a librarian right up to her retirement. My mother served on the board of her village library for many years after she retired from teaching.

I have spent much of my life on the other side of the counter, consuming rather than curating the printed word. So, thank you, sir!

All my best, Tanuki

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I retrieved my pipes and tobacco from a neighbor who kept them for a few years. I do feel a bit the Indian giver but he wasn’t using them.

That I’m alive

I work at a camp and had some volunteers from Habitat for Humanity picking up old scrap metal and using our tractor with bucket to put it in their truck

Third load shifted at the wrong time and the tractor flipped over sideways with me in the drivers seat

No one, including myself, was hurt or even got a scratch!

We managed to get the tractor back on all fours and I’ll check oil and other levels tomorrow to see if any damage was done

I’ve been here 5 years and that is by far the most scared I’ve been here

Was making some 9' wooden fence supports in the garden today. The top part which I leave over to grow wild so as to attract birds 'n' bugs. Black birds and robins carrying grubs for their new chicks, sitting on an ajoing fence panel and watching me, watching them. Superb to be so close to nature.

Top Bottom