What's new

What made you happy today?

My cat, Percy. Our senior member Chester passed suddenly two weeks ago. Percy shares many traits that Chester had. He is not a cuddler, but will accept ear scritches if you feel the need to spoil him. He will jump in your lap, and stay for a few minutes before he gets bored.

Last night he stayed in my lap for almost 45 minutes. He stirred a few times, and each time I thought it meant he'd be leaving, but it was always to just snuggle down a little better. I really liked that.

The wind! Great kiting day.

Fell off the skateboard on the way home though, due to a wet shoe...it had started to sprinkle, ending the kiting session.
I discussed the injuries with head of human resources at the house here, and she deemed it ok to forego a visit to the E.R. She did advise me that 62 year old men are not supposed to fall off of skateboards. I told her there was nowhere else to fall but off of it.

The wind! Great kiting day.

Fell off the skateboard on the way home though, due to a wet shoe...it had started to sprinkle, ending the kiting session.
I discussed the injuries with head of human resources at the house here, and she deemed it ok to forego a visit to the E.R. She did advise me that 62 year old men are not supposed to fall off of skateboards. I told her there was nowhere else to fall but off of it.

Time to cue up some John Prine. He’s not going to be making any more.

Playing some Prine still makes me happy, anyway.

Today I turned 50 and obviously it was a pretty quiet day at home with my wife and daughter. Well this evening my daughter painted our drive way with sidewalk chalk and we set some chairs out in the driveway. Much to my surprise at 7pm a fire truck with siren on led a 50 plus car convoy through our cul de sac. With all of the cars decorated and beeping. It brought tears to my eyes to see my friends and community go through all that trouble so I wasn’t “alone” for my birthday. That act of organized kindness will make me smile for the rest of my days.

Sex in the morning. Then she brought me coffee in bed. Planted 4 tomato plants. Walked the dog. Stella Artois and a scotch and water while cooking dinner. Shelter in place isn’t all that bad.

First, A belated Happy Birthday to you @GNR!

Finding this on the soggy lawn put a smile on my face.
10D404AC-D116-4E1B-856A-4998714DC923.jpeg
6F85FC4B-C172-47DD-9088-2101D44F060C.jpeg

Hanging out downstairs in my lair, my beagle suddenly started searching for a tug-of-war toy. Had recently put them upstairs. He then pounced a brown paper bag. I grabbed it and he kept tearing pieces off until there was nothing left. Then twisted up sections for more tug war. Everybody wins! I can’t remember the last time I had so much fun making a mess. The pieces are still scattered everywhere for the SWMBO to comment on later 😄

placing my third atlatl throw (7‘ dart), first session of the season, six inches short of the target (four inches of white paint stick) at 75’. Fourth throw was a couple feet to the right, perfect elevation.
.1050E61B-19DA-4C2E-BEAB-766C06551DD8.jpeg

Top Bottom