What's new

What liquor surprised you for its price?

Fireball 😂🤣, but in all seriousness, you can get a lot of friends sideways at a tailgate for only $20/handle.
Another low hanging fruit would be Costco vodka for only $13.
Picking something of indulgence would be Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. I’ve only had last years C920 batch, but wow for only $60 I was very impressed.

We aren't big scotch fans in this house, but always kept a bottle of some sort of single malt around, and it would last for years, you know the drill.

Anyway, a Scots neighbor of ours insisted we do a blind taste test..and The Famous Grouse won!

I found this Jameson's Stout Edition at Costco for $20 a bottle. It has a nice smooth chocolaty flavor. I went back and bought three more bottles. It's unbelievably good for the price.
20210321_133227.jpg

Both of the Beam products are NON CHILL Goodness!!! But sadly were in limited supply.........:blue:
1618663869516.png

1618663915497.png

Chill filtration is a give-and-take process, and it’s important to know what’s going on...

Essentially, a soon-to-be-bottled whiskey is cooled to extremely low temperatures so that certain compounds within it freeze. The product is then passed through a really, really dense filter and those frozen, out-of-suspension particles (fatty acids, proteins, esters) are left behind.

The process is great for making the whiskey look clear, which customers expect—if a non-chill filtered whiskey is left in a hot place for too long, it can separate and turn cloudy, and generally, people won’t want to drink it.

Distiller Cut and Repeal Batch were bottles ... straight-from-the-barrel..NON CHILL FILTRATION ...and priced well below 30 dollars.

I hate it that both of these were limited supply AND had a great taste/flavor and went extremely well with cigars, formal and informal affairs. Everyone I had sample these loved them but now they went the way of the dinosaur..dang it.

Yes, I stocked up on both bottles............:cool:

Evan Williams Single Barrel: For the price point-vs-the taste..it never lets me down!!!

1618664019561.png

Top Bottom