What's new

What Lavender cream should i try next?

I am another one that is very fond of the lavender scent. I have and use several soaps and creams in lavender and without question, CF lavender is in a class by itself in all categories in my view. The scent is a strong and delightful true lavender and provides a great shave by producing mounds of lather while using only a small amount of product. I think that it is a good value when you compare the cost to the amount of product used. It is a 6.8 oz jar and because of the small amount of product required to develop mounds of lather, the cost per shave is well worth the cost in my view.

Regards,

Doug

What is the Derby cream like? I had a sample of Trumpers Lavender last year and want to try another Lavender cream. Whilst I like high end creams, there is something very satisfying about using a cheap as chips one.
It has a subtle, pleasant, clean scent, lathers well even in hard water and provides good cushion. It's not a luxurious as Trumpers but well worth $3.

Lavender is one of my favorite scents and my favorite lavender cream is currently Tabula Rasa Dark Lavender. It's very strong! I also have QCS Lavender, which is Very Nice! but not as pungent as the TR. Either one is fantastic, performs extremely well, and leaves the skin feeling great.

I was in Sephora with my wife and asked for a sample of the AOS Lavender Cream. They gave me enough for about 5 shaves and the stuff worked great. Sold me on buying a jar and bought a new grade A silvertip knot from TGN to restore a brush I have to use with the cream. I've been an exclusively soap and boar guy for the past year, so this is a 180 for me.

I'd highly recommend AOS. It's not a girly lavender and worked great.

I don't know if anyone has given it a shout out, but True Gentlemen makes a really good Lavender. I used it this morning and it smelled great. Very slick with lots of lather.

If you're in the mood for lavender plus cedar (a very smooth combo, IMHO), you might really enjoy Portman Square "Notting Hill" cream. The lather is very dense and the scent is well-balanced. It doesn't try to overpower you with essential oils like some creams.

Top Bottom