What's new

What knot should I put in my Simpsons Chubby CH1 handle?

What knot should I put in my Simpsons Chubby CH1 handle?

• 2 band finest

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Manchurian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shavemac D01 2 band silvertip

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Plisson synthetic

• Muhle silvertip synthetic

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • SynBad Synthetic Knot

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Faux Horse Synthetic Knot

• Gelousy SHD Fan 2 Band Badger Knot (A1)

• Gelousy SHD Euro Bulb 2 Band Badger Knot (A3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As the title says, I have a Simpsons Chubby CH1 with a bad knot (loses 5 hairs each shave). I am going to have it reknotted and can't make up my mind on what to put in it. Was hoping to start a poll and have you folks choose my destiny.

For context, my other 2 brushes are:
  1. Simpsons Eagle G3 Manchurian (shipping to me now)
  2. Simpsons Wee Scot in Best Badger (travel & backup brush)
I prefer the feel of badger to synthetic, but I like the easy maintenance of a synth so it's not an easy choice!

I face lather and bowl lather, so can make due with a knot that is ideal for either/both.

Why not wait for 1-2 months before re-knotting ? May be after a few more shedding the problem will be stoped.

In furtherence 5-6 hair loss in each shave is not "too much". After loosing excess hairs (badly glued) this may finish.

If not, depending to your CH1 if it is a Best Badger you may pick Manchurian (pay attention to loft size !!)

If it is the Pure Badger , you may pick two band.

Why not wait for 1-2 months before re-knotting ? May be after a few more shedding the problem will be stoped.

In furtherence 5-6 hair loss in each shave is not "too much". After loosing excess hairs (badly glued) this may finish.

If not, depending to your CH1 if it is a Best Badger you may pick Manchurian (pay attention to loft size !!)

If it is the Pure Badger , you may pick two band.

It’s been a year and the problem only got worse. Used to lose 1 power shave

you’re not wrong though but it’s annoying me

It’s been a year and the problem only got worse. Used to lose 1 power shave

you’re not wrong though but it’s annoying me

If and when you decide to re-knot your CH1, please pay attention to the loft height. To long hairs will cause less backbone (depending to the hair type of course).

Avoid synthetic hairs replacement in order to be loyal to CH1 genetics.

"...For context, my other 2 brushes are:
  2. Simpsons Wee Scot in Best Badger (travel & backup brush).."
In consideration of your feedback if I were you I'll pick two band re-knotting. The two reason of this suggestion are;

1- The general quality of two bands replacement knots are better
2- You have already one manchurian and one best badger. So it is the time too enjoy with the backbone of a two band !!

If and when you decide to re-knot your CH1, please pay attention to the loft height. To long hairs will cause less backbone (depending to the hair type of course).

Avoid synthetic hairs replacement in order to be loyal to CH1 genetics.

"...For context, my other 2 brushes are:
  2. Simpsons Wee Scot in Best Badger (travel & backup brush).."
In consideration of your feedback if I were you I'll pick two band re-knotting. The two reason of this suggestion are;

1- The general quality of two bands replacement knots are better
2- You have already one manchurian and one best badger. So it is the time too enjoy with the backbone of a two band !!

Thank you this makes lots of sense.

I suggest a Shavemac knot, either 2 at 3-band, depending on your preferences. The DO1 is not my personal taste, although many like it.

You can either order from Shavemac directly or ask Rudy Vey for help, either is a great option!!
:thumbup: :thumbup:

I know the feeling, I have two Chubby 2s, both Best and Super that I took out of my rotation due to shedding. I hate a brush that sheds every shave!

Top Bottom