What's new

What kind of shaving do you find the most enjoyable?

What kind of shaving do you find the most enjoyable?

• Total voters
Just thought this would make an interesting poll :)

It's just about which one feels the best to you and you enjoy the experience of the most.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I have shaved with all of the first four. My order of enjoyment from best to worst was also as per the list. I think that most of the safety razor shavers have probably not tried or put in the time to learn straight razor shaving. Once tried and learnt, most never go back.

I'm the same as @rbscebu. Tried all of the options. Don't like electric, cartridges are expensively adequate. DE safety razor was what I learned to shave with and went back to. However, a straight razor and the process from stropping through to the shave is my preference.

I enjoy the SR rituals and the increased challenges and risk it offers. The shaves from my better DEs are sometimes too good and efficient, it takes away from what I find enjoyable.

I graduated from cartridges to DE razors to vintage single edge razors and finally on to straight razors. The entire process or creating am edge, shaving with it and maintaining is fine art. The shave at a slow steady pace is very enjoyable and the end result is unparalled.

Last edited:
DE razors for me as that is what I am practiced and efficient with after many years.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I picked other, becuase while I use and enjoy the others mentioned, I really enjoy the Shavette shave. I usually pick the Shavette when I know I have plenty of times on my hands to take my time and not rush my shave. I have much more control over with a shavette and the replaceable razor blade seems to give me a closer shave as I stretch my skin and shaving in small strokes.

I get pretty close with all types of razors, but it seems like my shaves last longer between shaves when I am using a shavette.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I picked other, becuase while I use and enjoy the others mentioned, I really enjoy the Shavette shave. I usually pick the Shavette when I know I have plenty of times on my hands to take my time and not rush my shave. I have much more control over with a shavette and the replaceable razor blade seems to give me a closer shave as I stretch my skin and shaving in small strokes.

I get pretty close with all types of razors, but it seems like my shaves last longer between shaves when I am using a shavette.

G

Guest2023

I enjoy SR most because it is fun and quite challenging. but I get my most comfortable and satisfying shave from my favorite SE and DE safety razors. The best shave doesn't coincide with the most fun and enjoyable for me.

Top Bottom