What's new

What kind of shaver are you...?

I shave by the feel as well as many out there.

If it doesn't feel right, I change my technique or the gear until it feels right. Sometimes, it'll take a while but after the initial learning curve, most shaves become enjoyable to do.

Nice, and informative, statements from all. I have been DE shaving for 5.5 years now, so I just do what works best for me each day.

I have used only one razor since March, so achieving the proper angle is mostly a result of muscle memory. If the shave angle feels off (via tactile and/or audible feedback), I reset by riding the cap and gradually steepening the angle until the blade starts cutting.

My regular shaves are either at home in the evening or at the gym before work in the morning. I do not take any shortcuts at the gym, but I do spend a little extra time face lathering and occasionally shave with music at home.

I was always shaving just by intuition, but since I've gained greater understanding how razors are designed and how angle affects stubble cutting. I've been getting better results using a method and sticking to it. Big thanks to my BOSC brethren for sharing the knowledge.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I was always shaving just by intuition, but since I've gained greater understanding how razors are designed and how angle affects stubble cutting. I've been getting better results using a method and sticking to it. Big thanks to my BOSC brethren for sharing the knowledge.

proxy.php

Apparently a few members are out of the padded cell room, but not for long knowing them.

Big Nurse has allowed me to have the computer today even in lockup.

Happy shaves,

Jim

proxy.php

Apparently a few members are out of the padded cell room, but not for long knowing them.

Big Nurse has allowed me to have the computer today even in lockup.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Does she know she allowed you to take the reception desk computer to your cell?

Wait... Don't answer that.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I have been curious about how people shave. I mean I honestly have never been to determine what angle I’m holding the razor, I just shave and make adjustments on the fly, just by feel and sound alone. I can just pick up any razor that isn’t crazy aggressive and get a decent shave but I honestly can’t tell if I’m using a steep angle or shallow angle all I know is that I’m getting great shaves.

I noticed some users are very methodical in how the shave and it seems that when I try it, my shaves are terrible. So I have been wondering how you guys shave and what works for you.
I am just like you honestly: I just grab a straight or a shavette or a DE razor (including open comb ones) and I just shave with them. Adjust angles as I go and I never have any problems or got forbid serious cuts. I don't think it's that complicated.

I hold my razor with three fingers (like I am holding a dart) toward the top of the handle. I don't pay attention much to angle anymore. Been shaving this way for 50 years.

Top Bottom