What's new

What kind of Gillette is this?

I have found a razor on an auction site, but it is ID'ed only as Gillette. So I wondered what kind is this. The bid is 25$ for now. What do you think?

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
That is what is called a Gillette New Improved. It is the Richwood set from the early to mid 1920's. It looks to be a very nice piece I think the price will go much higher. It is usually silver the flash may be making it look gold.

I would bid on it. You do not see them everyday with a case that nice.

Last edited:
Put it this way, be prepared to drop at least $100 (probably more) to beat everybody else's bid on it. That box looks fantastic and so does the razor!

Looks like an Bostonian, saw one on the <A HREF="http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/index.php/Banned_Filtered_Vendor">*Filtered Vendor*</A> razor site in there vintage section for about $25 to $30 with no box, on ebay they are going for $100+ the box is in great shape on this one. Blade Boy

Last edited:
It&#180;s a New Improved razor from the 20s. In this case he is called "Richwood gold" (the letter is gold colored) . It is rarer than the "Richwood silver" case.

Looks like an aristicrat, saw one on the <A HREF="http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/index.php/Banned_Filtered_Vendor">*Filtered Vendor*</A> razor site in there vintage section for about $25 to $30 with no box, on ebay they are going for $100+ the box is in great shape on this one. Blade Boy

Nope. It is a New Improved (Richwood). They also came in different boxes. There was the Chippendale, Bostonian, Alqonquin, Criterion and others. Very difficult to find in that shape. They came in gold and silver (and possibly chromium). Beautiful workmanship and an amazing example of days long gone never to be seen again.

(Achim is quicker than I)

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
It´s a New Improved razor from the 20s. In this case he is called "Richwood gold" (the letter is gold colored) . It is rarer than the "Richwood silver" case.

Good catch Achim, I totally forgot about the gold lettering.

It´s a New Improved razor from the 20s. In this case he is called "Richwood gold" (the letter is gold colored) . It is rarer than the "Richwood silver" case.

I didn't know there was a Richwood Gold!! Now I gotta have one!!!!:w00t:

Top Bottom