What's new

What kind of bowl is this?

I picked this up in Marshalls several years ago. Apparently it was used to sell citrus fruit. The nubs on the bottom support a puck perfectly and on the side help with lather. It broke and I glued it together again. Has anybody seen anything like this? The underside has the name of a grove here in Florida and an 800 number, which corresponds to Hale Groves in Vero Beach, Florida.

D0AE550A-CA67-4C60-AA60-05FE7F0C88B3.jpeg

F3FD2B55-3262-441A-8012-66D4E8A7AFE7.jpeg

I'm not being sarcastic when I say I think that was designed to be a decorative fruit bowl. The raised areas allow for air to circulate around the fruit so it keeps longer.

Seems like a good shave bowl, also, though.

I've seen a few of those in thrift shops in Georgia, Ohio, and South Carolina. No idea of its true purpose: probably grapefruit display.
Definitely call the number :)

I used to love going to Hale Groves for orange juice. People outside of middle Florida have no idea what orange juice is supposed to taste like. Yum.

yup... its a grapefruit bowl. bonus points if anyone has (or has ever seen) a grapefruit spoon! :)
It was a long time ago, small spoons with a serrated edge, meant to scoop out sections from a grapefruit half. Way too fiddly, I love grapefruit, but prefer to eat them like a gigantic orange.

Top Bottom