What's new

What kind of blades do we need ?

What kind of a Blade man are you ?

• High Class

• Higher Class

• Economic Class

• Top Class

Results are only viewable after voting.
A little marketing research for double edge blades .

What do you Gentlemen find important aspects concerning a blade ?

1- The blade must be of consistent quality give atleast 4 good shaves and be packed in a plastic container “High Class Blade “
2- I don’t care how the blade is called, how it is packed plastic container or carton box it must give excellent shaves pref. 4-5 shaves. “ Higher Class Blade”
3- I don’t care about any qualities just aslong as it’s a really cheap blade that gives 3 great shaves and then the blade needs to be replaced better for Hygiene issues.”Economic Class “
4- Im willing to pay for good packing, a catchy name and have money to put on the table for a blade that performs everytime.” Top Class “

Thanks everyone for your vote, your vote does count for the future and or improving current standards.

Rene,

I think you've got a great idea here, but I don't know that I would understand how to vote in your poll given that the categories don't represent how I think about blades.

For example, I don't think that most shavers think about blades in terms of "class" so much as they think about the various brands (i.e., Feather, Derby, Swedish Gillette, Israeli, etc.). Further complicating matters, each shaver has a different impression of the various brands, with some believing that Derbys are the sharpest, others that Feathers are--while some claim not even to think in terms of "sharpness," and assign characteristics such as efficacy and value instead. So, while you may get statistics on what "class" of blade guys vote for, the results may not mean what you think they mean.

So, not to be a wet blanket or anything :tongue: , but maybe you could just ask what brands of blades guys are interested in, and use that as your market research? Just my 2 cents.:biggrin:

mrob said:
Rene,

I think you've got a great idea here, but I don't know that I would understand how to vote in your poll given that the categories don't represent how I think about blades.

For example, I don't think that most shavers think about blades in terms of "class" so much as they think about the various brands (i.e., Feather, Derby, Swedish Gillette, Israeli, etc.). Further complicating matters, each shaver has a different impression of the various brands, with some believing that Derbys are the sharpest, others that Feathers are--while some claim not even to think in terms of "sharpness," and assign characteristics such as efficacy and value instead. So, while you may get statistics on what "class" of blade guys vote for, the results may not mean what you think they mean.

So, not to be a wet blanket or anything :tongue: , but maybe you could just ask what brands of blades guys are interested in, and use that as your market research? Just my 2 cents.:biggrin:

Mitch,

Like you I don't entirely understand the use of the term "class", but the descriptions provided by Rene were "good enough" for me to cast a vote. Also, like you I have concerns that the data will be meaningless (at best). The only way that I can imagine being able to get a meaningful data (re: ranking of blades) would be to have shavers perform blind tests on different blades and rank them that way. Such a test, however, would certainly be more costly and difficult to administer than a simple B&B poll.

You may want to split up these into at least three questions: quality, durability and packaging. It would make it more difficult to use the polling feature, but it will give you numbers you can draw true conclusions from (ignoring the sample of convenience issue!). You could also go to a Likert scale for more variability in your answers. Sorry, but the psychometrician in me had to speak up!

mrob said:
Rene,

Thanks I had this same idea last night during my usual wetshaving nightmares !

I thought why not simply make a poll out of the top 4 blades currently used.
and see what most of the guys use. that doesnt help me though establish why people buy these as you nicely point out, which is my dillemma im in , im still in pioneering stage with this company who closely works with the UK for its blade Technology designing new blades they have 2 brands and their latest design is a platinum design which got the thumbs down by some of the high elite members we have here ,we are improving on that blade and cost wise it can go any direction depending on if I'll start selling them like they are or improve on them IE even have my own name on it or change the packing.
thats why I was curious if people like plastic containers or even containers that have room to dispose of a used blade..some might care about this some might not. perhaps it was better to simply start a thread and communicate about this.

The new blade I will be offering wont be as good as a Feather im realistic in that point but wont have the price of it either , the philosphy behind these blades are different these people believe you should start with a fresh blade with each shave you do, and or use the blade max 3 times. Which then got me started yes why not if the blades quality versus quantity a shaver can buy he would certainly dont mind changing to a fresh blade more often.

this all got me thinking then what kind of poll to make ,then I went to bed after a whole day of shaving thoughts then woke up and thought why not ask first which ones are the most popular among us Id have atleast some marketing segment info . and yes we are trying to cut into the Gillette segment here because Gillette has the most market share. that is a no brainer there.

Im in the position of changeing everything almost of or on this new blade, name,packing,colours etc..etc though it will cost money basically the same thing what Gillette does it has a Euro Gillette concept but some packing is made differently for other Countries.

but im not in the position or thrust these blades enough to make any more further investments if these veterans that have been testing these blades for me raved about it yeah Id change eveything on them and batch them out already , so im more causious now and prob. will order a small batch and use B&B member as the testing ground for further developing these blades for a bigger market.

thanks guys,

I voted for "Top Class" but, since you're truly asking about preference, let me clarify.

I'd be willing to pay for a great DAILY disposable blade that gave the best possible shave each time -- and then toss it each day for a new one. The "best" shave does not necessarily mean "Feather-like". It could me close but forgiving. Sharp but not too cutty... And if I'm expected to use it once only, it would have to be more "economic" in price.

Hope this helps for your development!

NYLaw said:
I voted for "Top Class" but, since you're truly asking about preference, let me clarify.

I'd be willing to pay for a great DAILY disposable blade that gave the best possible shave each time -- and then toss it each day for a new one. The "best" shave does not necessarily mean "Feather-like". It could me close but forgiving. Sharp but not too cutty... And if I'm expected to use it once only, it would have to be more "economic" in price.

Hope this helps for your development!

Yes it does a little bit , it is what I think would make the end of thinking how many times have you used a blade and specially if you like to use different razors you know to hit a new blade or max use it twice that wouldnt be too hard to remember but 6-7 shaves you get mixed up. to remember . still I like variety like Randy and am enjoying this all so much because of the variety,

please dont use this poll to vote use this one

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3791

Hmmm. . .unrelated thoughts. . .

First, most guys first priority is a blade that gives a great shave. Some want sharp, others want comfort. Hard to know the breakdown, but you do a poll that asks what guys look for in a blade in several categories--probably a new poll for each category so as not to pollute the data!:biggrin:

Top Bottom