What's new

What kind of adhesive?

Fellas,

Mister unhandy here.

Went through the car wash this morning. A rubber strip on the roof of my pint sized station wagon loosened. I was able to push it back in place. It sits in an indentation, a sort of rain gutter, perhaps. Obviously, one more trip through the car wash and it will be history. Hence, presume I need an adhesive to secure it in place.

What should I use for this, please?

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I was shocked many years ago when my wife and I went to an African Safari park where you drive through with your car. With certain cars park staff just routinely pull off some of these rubber strips from their groves. They hand them to you so you can put them back after your trip through the park. Apparently monkeys like pulling them off. . . they kinda like wiper blades as well.

Maybe the particular trim part was never meant to be glued in.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Monkeys work in mysterious ways. :001_tt2: I don't know the answer in any certain way. Just that based on what I've seen that maybe your trim was never glued in and the problem is the rough car wash you are using.

Wow. I might be very very very wrong.

I was shocked many years ago when my wife and I went to an African Safari park where you drive through with your car. With certain cars park staff just routinely pull off some of these rubber strips from their groves. They hand them to you so you can put them back after your trip through the park. Apparently monkeys like pulling them off. . . they kinda like wiper blades as well.

Maybe the particular trim part was never meant to be glued in.

Alacrity59, thank you! Car made it through the car wash today w/o incident.

Top Bottom