What's new

What jeans/denim do you wear?

Levi's 501 STF, Levi's 514, APC New Standards currently. All of them as un-messed with (wash-wise) as possible when new.

I'll be picking up a pair of Jean Shop Rockers in Indigo once I can make my way to NYC. Those should be a nice step up.

I think most of the jeans I own are Wrangler.

+1.

I have two pairs of jeans. One is significantly more worn in than the other. Both are Wranglers.

Another rule on jeans (and all clothes really): if they are not presentable enough to be seen in public in, they should be tossed. "Knocking around" clothes, as a rule, don't get "knocked around in".

Be brave and toss them in the donation bin. The same goes double for clothes that don't fit.

the coin pocket just ripped on my 512 and my 507´s shrunk in the wash, cant wear them, all i can say is that levis arent worth jack after they moved production from the states...

Mustang and Lee, here in Croatia, Levi's is way overpriced, so are the Replay's, diesel, and most of the other "bigger" brands, so with Mustang, Lee's and maybe Wrangler's, you get good quality for a fair price. Mustang jeans usually cost about a 100 $, but you can get them much cheaper on sale...

Gap Jeans.
New line of 1969 are very comfortable.

I have two pair of those. "Indigo" died, and one khaki colored.

I tend to find my jeans on sale, or not at all.

I have some Perry Ellis, Claiborne, Guess, Gap, and I think the most I ever paid for a single pair was $30, and usually less.

I find them at places like Ross, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, etc.. (except for Gap.. that's always in their clearance section, and I've had fantastic luck over the past few years to the point that I have a hard time even considering paying full price for anything, no matter how much I like it)

Levi's 501...
Button fly baby! :thumbup1:

Dickies...
Good utility for the farm.

Looking for...
A good pair of overalls. If I could find a pair of Oshkosh B'gosh overalls in my size I'd really want to buy em.

I like the leather patches available for IBEW, UAW, UBC, etc. What's the quality of these jeans like? $35 isn't too bad, especially for American made.

Quality is excellent, for ordering they fit pretty nearly identical to the Carhartt blue jeans, both the carpenter cut and regular jeans. They are the same weight denim also, nice heavy jeans. I've got 3 or 4 pairs of work pants and 2 or 3 pairs of regular from them the last 4 years, finally made a pair of cutoffs out of one pair because they looked so bad, the rest are still all serviceable. I recommend them 100%.

i used to wear levis until a few years ago went jeans shopping and couldn't find my size. got a pair of sears brand (canyon river) for over half the price of levis. when i lost weight and had to buy jeans, went back looking for levis. they now had my old size but not the new size. canyon river was on sale again. got some. now, it's the only pair i buy. the lowest i've paid is about 9.99 and 14.99 was the most i've paid.

don't have a membership to costcos but i have one to sams. i might check out their jeans. and canyon river hold up well. i might consider wrangler depending on the price.

I'm a smaller framed guy only about 5' 6" and 150 pounds, and the only jeans that have ever fit me right have been Levi's and Strangler I mean Wrangler. I cain't pull off the loose or baggy fit look.

Wrangler Slim Fit. The only brand I can find with a 30 inch waist and 36 inch inseam. Worn 'em since I was a kid and don't plan on switching any time soon.

I wear Wild *** Jeans. I've worn a smattering of jeans from Levi's, Rustler, and Kirkland Signatures; but the Wild *** Jeans are my favorite. I have some that are over 6 years old and still great work pants with just a bit of fraying along the cuffs and fading from being washed so many times. :thumbup:

I picked up a couple of pairs of Rt. 66 jeans for $5 each when a K-mart was closing up near me. This was last year, and they are still in good shape. We will see again in a few years from now.

I find that my jeans go out catastrophically in the crotch after a few years. Not sure why. I would have to agree with the kirkland brand at costco. I have a pair from there that I like.

Top Bottom