What's new

What jeans/denim do you wear?

V

VR6ofpain

I am curious what type of jeans you gents wear? I have always felt I was a sort of Levis man, as I appreciate their story/history and build quality. Obviously I would rather they make all their jeans in the USA (only some of their top end "Capital E" ones still are), but obviously that would push the price up a bit and limit their overall sales and market penetration.

Regardless I have worn Levis for some time now and recently changed style codes. I had been wearing 527's for a while, but started to find them too tight in the crotch area. I had a couple of 559's, which has more of the needed space, but did not have the same wider boot opening I appreciated. Yesterday I picked up a pair of 517's, which fit the bill perfectly. They have similar crotch space to a 501, including the full rise, but have the needed boot opening I look for. I am quite happy with this newly found style code. The odd part was I had avoided it previously thinking the smaller numbers always mean small/tighter fits. I guess that is not always the case.

So what do you wear, Levis or other brand?

Old Navy.

A fraction of the price, but most important...they just seem to fit me the best.

I used to exclusively wear LEVI's, but the quality started to vary. I did buy one pair of "shrink-to-fit" that seemed to be the best I ever had. All of them would wear out quickly in the crotch, then the knees. I have been buying Old Navy jeans after my fiance encouraged me to try a pair. They are cheaper than Levi's and in my experience thus far, more durable. Plus I can still find really dark denim that I prefer, none of the super light acid wash, nearly bleached looking things.
I also own a pair of Rustler's or two, and I wear them to work as they are cheap and durable. Kmart specials, those. I did have a pair of Dickies work brand jeans, the kind you can't buy normally because they are stiffer and more designed as "work uniform only" from a Thrift store. Super dark and durable.

V

VR6ofpain

Funny you mention the dark. What grabbed my attention to the 517's I bought was they were in a super dark blue color. I was surprised as I have noticed too many of these "worn look" jeans going on these days. I plan to wear them in myself, so I never understood buying them in worn in shape.

I also have a pair of Old Navy boot jeans that fit great...but they seem to stretch way too much. After wearing them 3-4 times I need to wash them again, as the waist has gotten really loose. Oddly enough they cost $29, which is barely cheaper than the $32 Levis. I'll keep wearing the one pair of Old Navy jeans I have, but I won't buy more due to the stretching issue.

The super dark Levi's do it for me. I never understood the worn look, as if someone's pretending to have worn their jeans in. I think that displays a lack of initiative...

No idea! The jeans I used to wear were Axist. Bust since I've recently lost like 27 pounds, I'm wearing whatever jeans I wore at the end of high school/beginning of college.

I used to go with Levi 509's, but they got discontinued. Then Lee Knox - same story, they're gone now too.

Next time I go shopping I'll try to find a Levi model that fits me, but it ain't easy to find perfect jeans being skinny & long. Especially since the local stores just stock popular models :(

Durability and thickness is somewhat related. Lee tends to be thinner, and wear out way faster. More comfortable in the summer, but useless during the winter. My 509's fit well, and were thick enough to work even in -20C. I kinda miss them...

No idea! The jeans I used to wear were Axist. Bust since I've recently lost like 27 pounds, I'm wearing whatever jeans I wore at the end of high school/beginning of college.

Congratulations!

Oh and to answer the OP: Levi's 501s (pre-shrunk) that I had tailored/re-fitted after losing a few pounds myself.

Last edited:
I have been wearing Levi 527s lately as they are less expensive than the Cinch brand that I prefer. But the 527s are good for the money though.

I wore Hilfiger Red Label jeans. My last pair has seen their last day unfortunately and they are no longer made. Now, I just wear $20 old navy carpenters.

Top Bottom