What's new

What is yourfavorite Geo F Trumper Cream?

For me it's their coconut oil cream. Why? Because it's the most moisturizing, luxurious, and slickest cream I've ever tried. I will admit, it isn't my favorite in the scent department; but its performance easily makes up for that.

Coconut Oil. Slippery, cushioning, moisturizing. Pleasant smell. Just about perfect!

Rose and Violet smell great, but they are more drying, and Rose can burn a little.

Do y'all coconut lovers prefer it because of the scent or properties? Or are all GFT the same in terms of ingredients and shaving properties?

it's my understanding that COCONUT is different then all the others, due to the coconut oil, and on the GFT site, the COCO is the only one that states "with coconut oil" (which seems to make it a superior performer to most, but not all people)

it's a shame, as the GFT is a great scent, but if that's where it ends, i won't be adding it to my den

Last edited:
I've used the coconut for a couple of shaves so far. It's a good cream, but so far for me it doesn't live up to the hype and rave reviews it's getting here. I'll skip on the other ones then, even though the violet does look very intriguing.

I own 4 pots of GFT and I rank them like this:

Performance
1. Coconut
2. Almond
3. GFT
4. Sandalwood (Even though it's in 4.th place, it still has excellent shaving performence on my skin)

Scent
1. GFT
2. Almond
3. Sandalwood
4. Coconut (i know some love this scent, but ever since I drank too much malibu rum 20 years ago, I have disliked the coconut scent quite a bit - but because of its performence I just had to buy anyway)

Coconut, owing to its superior latherability, excellent hydration and intoxicating aroma. It's a product that you just have to love and admire.

A 2nd vote for West Indian Limes (in a tub) here.

I've got Sandalwood in a tube, and it's okay, more of a winter scent.
I loves me some limes!

I'm so glad that someone started this thread as the GFT cream is my FAVORITE:thumbup: I ordered a tube of the coconut, which seems to be the favorite here but I don't think it has enough scent for me. I would love to trade someone for a Spanish Leather if you have one. I only used a small dab of the coconut, about the size of a pencil eraser, from the tube. Lemme know.

proxy.php

Eucris, hands down.

I bought the Coconut shaving cream. The performance was amazing - one of the best I've experienced from a cream.
But the scent was very weak. Only a feint coconut scent. If I was doing a blind test I would have thought it was unscented.

The Geo F. Trumper creams are great performers, but I don't like their scents that much.
I had the Limes, Coconut oil, Sandalwood and violet creams and I smelled the other ones, but nope. Not for me.
I'm talking about the tubs here, not the tubes.

The only scent I don't know is the GFT. I guess I should try that one some time.

The only Geo F. Trumper product I do own is the Sandalwood Skin Food, which is awesome.
Weird thing is that the Skin Food smells so good, while the shaving cream smells nothing like it.

Sandalwood. I wasn’t sure about the scent at first but it really grew on me. I love this stuff. I’m mostly a soap guy, but Proraso green and GFT sandalwood creams have permanent spots in my rotation.

I've only tried Sandalwood and liked it although it is a cologne scent instead of natural. I was considering lime but I avoid dyed creams.

Top Bottom