What's new

What is your worst ever shaving purchase?

What is your most regretted shaving purchase ever?

• Razor

Votes: 47 24.9%
  • Blade

Votes: 24 12.7%
  • Soap

Votes: 66 34.9%
  • Brush

Votes: 26 13.8%
  • After Shave

Votes: 17 9.0%
  • Other, add to comment

Votes: 9 4.8%

• Total voters

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Tell us what your worst ever, most regrettable shaving purchase was? Be it a razor, blade, brush, soap, AS, etc. Vote in the poll and comment on it. Name the Brand too. I don't have anything I ever regretted buying.

Shaving soap in a local shop couldn't get it to lather no matter how hard I tried.
Honorable mention is the VDH/Weishi/One touch razor. Looks good but it's just too mild and knowing what I know now I'd buy a 34c EJDE89 or vintage Super Speed at close to the same price.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Without a doubt a couple of purchases off the bay. It's been my issue to not read thoroughly and find out the top cap on the NEW I purchased had stripped the threads so was unusable. I also bought one without looking as closely at the photos. The damage to the base plate was documented in the photos, but not mentioned in the description.

No regrets.
I found B+B researching razors, and with a lot of research on the site have been very pleased with my purchases.

I have none that I can think of. I have been pretty happy with everything I have bought so far.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Multiple soaps: African Black Soap Shave Butter, King of Shaves to name 2. They were ok at best. Bottom line is for the price you can do much better.

I bought some "shaving soap" from an artisan in Key West FL. The soap smelled nice - a pleasant citrus scent. However, I could not get a lather from it.

Although not a terrible razor, there are much better deals than the first DE I bought. It was a Vikings Blade Chieftain.

Shea moisture shave butter. Not exactly a cream or a soap more like a paste with a nasty smell. Even on clearance this was a lousy purchase.

Ok, I did think of a disappointing purchase. VDH shave butter. No lather, and left face so greasy I had to wash it after shaving. Nice scent.

Oh, I have may regrets. The time I bought an MG. And a second one. There was that marriage and divorce thing. And the time I, oh, wait. Shaving. Righto. I bought a huge green Parker pure badger brush. It was like applying soap with a porcupine. I am now in the 19 to 21 mm club.

beware this soap is horrible

DSCF0170 - Edited.jpg

I've definitely bought dogs in each category but my biggest regret is in the BRUSH category. Early in my learning curve I wasted far too much money on cheap brushes. Befor finally getting a $10 Escali badger I bought a couple $4-$6 junk brushes. I am not so upset about the Escali, it's a great cheap brush. BUT...for the amount of money spent on the cheap brushes (including the Escali) I could have bought a Whipped dog.

My regret is that I didn't just START with a whipped dog as a beginner brush. Ive wasted money on plenty of shaving gear but the wasteful brush purchases top my regret list.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Last year after Christmas I purchased an English Leather set that included AS and shampoo. Smells of cat urine.

Lilac Vegital. It is truly hideous. I bought it when others raged on it and I thought it can not be that bad...it is worse. A second worst is Arco shave soap. It does smell like a bathroom urine cake.

Top Bottom