What's new

What is your worst blade?

Derby for me. Just couldn't get on with them.

On a side note, I used to use Polsilver SI blades all the time a few years ago - they were sharp like a Feather but as smooth as an Astra. I bought a 100 pack recently, and every blade from that pack is rough and I can't get a close shave from it. What gives? Oh well, I'll stick with the Astras for my safety razors.

I haven't had the pleasure of trying those. How bad are they
Van Der Hagen blades are just rough (for me), and the Cliftons felt serrated. I even corked the Clifton, which is something I rarely do, and it didn't really help. It could of been a bad batch, but I'll never try them again.

Van Der Hagen blades are just rough (for me), and the Cliftons felt serrated. I even corked the Clifton, which is something I rarely do, and it didn't really help. It could of been a bad batch, but I'll never try them again.
You can get bad blades. I use Voskhod teflon and I got a bad pack once that cut me to pieces, on close inspection with a magnifying glass I found that the edges had been ground in a wavy pattern, the rest of the packs in a batch of 100 blades I bought were fine.

Tried shark ss,and its not bad at all,especially in merkur 33c,but most blades in this razor work just fine...didnt like shark ss in very agressive razor,was too rough...every blade depends on razor used,ill try derby premium,but i have around 30 other blades ive never tried.blades like feather ,silver blue or persona lab ,or israeli red or blue work amazingly in 33c.

Had to discard a "Tesco XPRT" blade after one bad shave a while ago, but since it looked like an Israeli Personna dressed up in own-brand packaging, I'll give them the "bad blade/bad batch" benefit of the doubt.

The Israeli (and now German) Personnas are usually reliable, and work fine for me.

I haven't had an flat-out horribly dud blade since the mid-1970s, but I've probably told that story before.

Flying Eagle - no contest.

After that one, Graham-Fields, Merkur, and VdH were all smooth sailing by comparison.

My face hates both of those equally...
Torture would be the word that describes them best. YMMV.
proxy.php
31dkQCVpEHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-N950W en utilisant Tapatalk

Random/unbranded/knockoff blades I tried while living in China, van der hagen , and derby extra. In that order.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
For me it is Derby and/or Dorco.

I don't think I have any Dorcos left, so I'm safe there.

But those Derby blades pull me in about once a year. So far I have avoided them like Covid in 2020, but I'm stupid. I'll probably fall off the wagon again with those vampires!

Top Bottom