What's new

What is your top performing unscented shave soap?

I do like soaps with a strong scent but today I used MWF and it made me wonder why I bother with anything else. I can't understand how people have trouble with it, I waved a badger brush at it and it lathered up just fine. I must remember to use it more often.

Depends on the lather people like. I find MWF lather to be about the consistency of bubble bath and hardly lather at all.

Then Again, I used to stack coins on top of blobs of my lather to prove how dense and moist it was. My lather is German Chocolate Cake.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Williams. It is scented but only slightly and by the time the puck is half done, it loses what scent it has.

Got to say none - as IMHO enjoying a nice scent while lathering and shaving is an essential part of the wet shaving experience.

Without any question in my minds, the winner would be Martin de Candré Original. It is a rock-hard hot-process soap that is luxurious and neutral smelling. For those of you unfamiliar with MdC, swallow hard on the price, but the stuff lasts forever. I believe their whole line of shave soaps are phenomenal.

IMG_1675.jpg

I’m currently loving Canada Shaving Soap and Zingari Man Sego Unscented. I might prefer Canada right now, but both are fantastic.

I’ve tried Stirling Beeswax but I find Canada to be slightly easier to lather.

Top Bottom