What's new

What is your spouse/girlfriend/significant other’s favorite scent on you?

What scent (cream/soap/aftershave) does your significant other prefer on you and how do you feel about the scent they like?

I’ve tried Proraso Red & Green and a few of the samples of TOBS creams. I prefer the TOBS Sandalwood the most. I had my wife smell some in the containers and some on me after I was done shaving and she also prefers the TOBS sandalwood too. I never told her my favorite prior to her smelling and choosing her favorite.

I gave up on the wife. She really doesn't like any of them. She's got a sensitive nose.

Me too, unfortunately. I wore a single spray of Platinum Égöiste to work the other day (sprayed just before I walked out), and when I got home she said, "Ugh, what's that?"

Speick is the scent that she finds most bearable, so I wear that. A lot. The AS and the EdT.

The Myrsol aftershaves are great because they are not too strong, nor do they linger. She doesn't mind soaps as none of them are around enough to really register, or she has given up on mentioning it!

There are a couple of other scents that I can wear to work as long as I underspray, which I am fine with as they are for my enjoyment, not everyone else I ride the train with.

I can't wear aftershave or cologne without triggering a migraine, so soap/cream and aftershave balm provide as much scent as I can tolerate. I usually go for unscented products or "soapy" scents. My wife and I both like Cade, but I haven't used that soap in years since my local L'Occitane store closed. She seems to like my Palmolive cream just fine and she also likes bay rum on the rare occasions I use that soap.

I can't wear aftershave or cologne without triggering a migraine, so soap/cream and aftershave balm provide as much scent as I can tolerate. I usually go for unscented products or "soapy" scents. My wife and I both like Cade, but I haven't used that soap in years since my local L'Occitane store closed. She seems to like my Palmolive cream just fine and she also likes bay rum on the rare occasions I use that soap.
I too get migraines (vestibular). So far, I don’t think scents are a trigger.
I’ll have to test it out.

Aqua Vela Musk which is hilarious as it’s easily the cheapest AS out of the 20-30 that I own. She is also a big fan of Myrsol Plastic Shave, which I guess balances it out a little.

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
356.jpg

My wife loves:
• La Nuit de L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
• Aventus by Creed
• Bleu de Chanel
• Sauvage by Dior
(you can find shaving similarities in soap/scent makers)

I guess they are classics and popular for a reason.

Off the beaten path, she loves Stirling Soap's Baker Street too (her words, after using it, I "smell like a gentleman's library"). I suppose this just means classy, but what do I know.

Thayers facial toner, rose petal. Very light scent, miracle stuff for this old mug.
Wife uses it too, says she likes it a lot for her face after she takes her makeup off.

Top Bottom