What's new

What is your 'signature' scent?

I think it would be rose in the summer and pipe tobacco in the winter. SWMBO and I both love these scents so it works well. Still working to find just the right mixture/brand of both that I love but I'm having fun experimenting.

I think it would be rose in the summer and pipe tobacco in the winter. SWMBO and I both love these scents so it works well. Still working to find just the right mixture/brand of both that I love but I'm having fun experimenting.

Which ones do you like, and not like?

To be honest, I haven't really found one I haven't liked. I have Klar Kabinett and TOBS rose for rose and both are great. I have SCS Savory Rose (all offerings) and SCS Bulgarian Rose (cologne only for now) and Thayer's Rose witch hazel for rose. I have MB Aeromatic Pipe Tobacco and Beau Brummel soap and Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille for cologne. The MB Pipe Tobacco is absolute heaven to smell but it irritates my skin a little so, following another thread on this forum, I milled it down with a puck of Williams. We'll see how it works tomorrow.

To be honest, I haven't really found one I haven't liked. I have Klar Kabinett and TOBS rose for rose and both are great. I have SCS Savory Rose (all offerings) and SCS Bulgarian Rose (cologne only for now) and Thayer's Rose witch hazel for rose. I have MB Aeromatic Pipe Tobacco and Beau Brummel soap and Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille for cologne. The MB Pipe Tobacco is absolute heaven to smell but it irritates my skin a little so, following another thread on this forum, I milled it down with a puck of Williams. We'll see how it works tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing. It does sound like fun, mixing it up with the soaps, AS and scents.

I have only just looked at the BVLGARI website. Considering how much I love their Aqva por homme, and their BLV por homme (for when I want something more musky and sensual), I have only found out they also stock the Aqva and BLV in an aftershave splash, as well as shampoo/body gel! woot.

Chrome by Azzaro!

proxy.php

Spring/Summer: Creed GIT

Fall/Winter: Grey Flannel

Caldey Island Lavender is quickly competing though for year round signature scent.

Last edited:
I do not really have one if signature is something I wear all the time. If it means default scent to wear out and to the office, I think it is starting to be Pen's Sartorial, displacing Guerlain Vetiver and before that Dunhill '34.

It's hard to pick one because I am a cologne addict. I don't go overboard but I like to rotate between a few. The three I'm using right now are Dolce & Gabbana The One (mostly to work), Marc Jacobs Bang (weekends/going out), Lush Dear John (The gf brought it over from a trip to London and I love it. Wear it anytime.)

I just bought Vetyver from L'Occitane. When it comes down to it, different people will define me by different scents. I'm not opening the Vetyver until I finish one of the current bottles I am using, but I tried it in the store and it smells amazing.

For what it's worth and another aquatic fragrance. I'm really liking Givenchy Blue Label. Hope to score an actual bottle here soon. My sample ran out.

Top Bottom