What's new

What is your set up for traveling

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
Hey guys. I'm excited! I might get a job requiring me to to travel. Although I'll be working in a central office(communications) I still want to keep my grooming up. I was wondering what you guys do while travel. What euipment you take with you ect....

Congrats. Business travel can be fun, but it can get monotonous after a while IME.

BTW, do a search as there are more than a few travel shaving gear threads.

in any case, my setup has changed since I last posted in any of them, so….

- Kent Shave TR Pure Badger Travel Brush (great brush!)
- A Shave Stick (Cremo, Palmolive or LaToja)
- A couple of BIC Metal single edge disposable razors (shaves like a DE)
- A couple of 5ml AS samples (generally Stirling)
- Styptic pencil (rarely use, but just in case)

And the usual deodorant, toothpaste, tooth brush, etc.

I don’t have a pic of my full set up but this travel brush is perfect in my DOPP bag.

84196DE2-9BDC-416E-905F-1E6B215004EC.jpeg

It depends a bit on what kind of travel I'm doing.

If I'm driving and don't have to check my bags anywhere, I take my good razor with me: Tradere OC, Wee Scot, La Toja shave stick, handful of blades so I can choose which blade I want to use on a whim.

If I have to check my bags AT ALL, I leave the Tradere at home: Weber DLC razor, Wee Scot, La Toja shave stick, one tuck of blades.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Carry-on only is:
Shavette (buy blades at destination)​
Chinese synthetic brush​
ARKO shave stick​
Alum stick​
90ml bottle of AS​
Checked luggage:
Matching seven-day set of straight razors​
Travel strop (leather & chamois)​
Pears transparent (India) face soap​
Chinese synthetic brush​
Tabac tallow shave stick​
Alum stick​
90ml bottle of AS​
Renaissance wax​
Polishing cloth​
If more than 7days away in addition:​
Mini (180mm x 65mm) 0.1μm diamond pasted balsa strop​

Depends on how long I'll be gone

For a couple of days I usually take along the Merkur Progress loaded with a Nacet, Muhle silvertip fibre 22mm brush, a cream of choice and aftershave
When I go on vacation I pack two razors some extra blades and 2 soaps or creams but I since I usually travel to Spain, Italy or Portugal I always check out some of the local software

Legion

Staff member
Henkels Friodur 72 Stainless Steel SR
Simpson Classic 1 Best Badger Brush
2” wide Kangaroo Travel Strop
Speick stick
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Balm

6x2” trans ark if away for more than a week.
Would you take oil, or use lather on the Ark?

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Carry on or checked baggage?

In my former career I lived out of a 22" carry-on for 5-6 days every week. My travel kit consisted of a Gillette Mach3 with 1 extra cartridge, Simpson Case, a tube of Speick cream & Speick AS.

If I were doing it today I'd change out the brush to a synthetic (dries faster) or skip the brush altogether as using a tube cream really doesn't require a brush. and a Gillette SkinGuard razor.

Last edited:

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
When traveling, less is definitely more.

Drive:
  • Whatever razor/blade combo is up in my rotation
  • Tuck of blades
  • Arko stick
  • Synth brush
  • Alum block
  • Small bottle of CeraVe Lotion

Fly:

• Gillette Good News disposable razor
  • Arko stick
  • Synth brush
  • Alum block
  • Small bottle of CeraVe Lotion

everything in a 1qt cube as a weekender/carry-on. it stays with me wherever I am, and I'll pull the straights if I'm flying carry-on. I've done a month out of it, and have a bigger, checked bag that I've done months out of. if you're going to be in hotels you don't need to bring a lot of your own.

I would say practice at home with your travelers before you get on the road, so you've got them dialed in.

AC95F0F6-A4D3-420D-A110-7530A304568B.jpeg

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Perfect timing. It’s a work in progress. Just came back from a road trip, and plan to switch to the following:
  • Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T2 or Yaqi Moka synthetic (replaces an Omega Evo, too dense to dry)
  • Razor: Schick Krona (replaces brass Karve A plate, too mild, acquiring plates B-D)
  • Blades: First tuck I pick up out of the drawer
  • Stick Soap: Arko (replaces La Toja, to make @FarmerTan happy, doggone!)
  • Balm: Nivea Sensitive Cooling (replaces cheap motel hand lotion)
Quality items all, yet if lost, the kit could be easily and economically replaced.

BB832565-E218-4B2D-9FC6-FC123D7E3532.jpegD601FC18-9BC8-4161-BC8E-6F4530C5DA41.jpegDC5C5EDC-A7FF-47E7-9A8E-2550991124C8.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Perfect timing. It’s a work in progress. Just came back from a road trip, and plan to switch to the following:
  • Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T2 or Yaqi Moka synthetic (replaces an Omega Evo, too dense to dry)
  • Razor: Schick Krona (replaces brass Karve A plate, too mild, acquiring plates B-D)
  • Blades: First tuck I pick up out of the drawer
  • Stick Soap: Arko (replaces La Toja, to make @FarmerTan happy, doggone!)
  • Balm: Nivea Sensitive Cooling (replaces cheap motel hand lotion)
Quality items all, yet if lost, the kit could be easily and economically replaced.

View attachment 1351769View attachment 1351770View attachment 1351771
Brother, I now love ya like a brother. Like one I got to choose, doggone!

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
Depends on how long I'll be gone

For a couple of days I usually take along the Merkur Progress loaded with a Nacet, Muhle silvertip fibre 22mm brush, a cream of choice and aftershave
When I go on vacation I pack two razors some extra blades and 2 soaps or creams but I since I usually travel to Spain, Italy or Portugal I always check out some of the local software
I was thinking you could probaly pick up a good soap or cream at anuone of those destinations

I like to keep it light and simple.
  • Speick shave stick or shave cream in small tube
  • Yaqi Sagrada Familia or Razorock Bruce synth brush
  • BIC Metal disposable razors (2)
  • Omega alum stick
  • Speick aftershave in small plastic bottle
  • Unscented moisturizing cream in small tube

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I travel with LaToja stick, EVO brush, ATT Windsor razor, PolSilver SI blades, Thayer's WH in a small bottle that was formerly shampoo, and a small tube of Clinique moisturizer.

Top Bottom