What's new

What is your preferred tie knot?

For those of you who wear a tie, what is your preferred knot? I know it depends in part on the fabric and the type of collar. For your daily silk tie, I like a half Windsor. I think it looks quite neat and tidy.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
For those of you who wear a tie, what is your preferred knot? I know it depends in part on the fabric and the type of collar. For your daily silk tie, I like a half Windsor. I think it looks quite neat and tidy.
Me too.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Rusty:
When we were young, my brothers and I wore clip-on ties (church, garden parties, ect..), and I didn't begin to learn how to knot my own ties (four-in-hand knot), until I joined the Army. :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"A true gent will always wear his [tie] well". Mr. Coward

For many years I preferred a four-in-hand. These days I am using a “Prince Albert’ which is more fun!

M

member 119848

Four–in–hand.
I know it´s not the prettiest but that´s how I was thought and never really experimented with other knots.

Four–in–hand.
I know it´s not the prettiest but that´s how I was thought and never really experimented with other knots.

Well, for me it IS the prettiest!:D And... it is the simplest and least 'formal' knot maybe... It adds a twist to my really formal dressing... and so I find it loosely elegant...:p

With a dimple, of course...

I started off with the four-in-one, but switched over to a half-Windsor. I do stick with the four-in-one though if the tie is made of a thicker material or is on the shorter side.

Tim

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
My dad taught me the half-windsor and that's what I did for probably twenty years. Lately, I've come to prefer the four-in-hand. I like the simplicity and asymmetry. Plus, it uses less of the tie, which helps me get the right length.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Four in hand here
I can tie my tie sitting at my desk with no mirror using this knot .

I am 6'5 and use a Pratt knot. It is fast and uses less fabric so they deal a bit longer. It's the only one that leaves enough fabric to slide through the loop on the back.

Top Bottom