What's new

What is your oldest vintage Gillette razor?

What is your oldest vintage Gillette razor? How does it shave compared to newer models. For me it's a Empire version pocket edition, 1910. Out of all the Gillette models USA and British it shaves the best. Close and smooth. A Phoenix gun show purchase for $15.
IMG_20191208_185438175.jpg

A 1930’s NEW SC. It provides a very smooth, efficient shave. Has a little different face feel than my others, as it’s the only OC razor I own. Great razor, though.

1909 ABC Pocket Edition shaves close & smooth. It's not my favorite razor though, I prefer my new models... such as my 1933 RFB or my 1934 Aristocrat.

What is your oldest vintage Gillette razor? How does it shave compared to newer models. For me it's a Empire version pocket edition, 1910. Out of all the Gillette models USA and British it shaves the best. Close and smooth. A Phoenix gun show purchase for $15.
View attachment 1041925
NICE! Your handle is made by the American Button Co. for Gillette. Most pocket models were ornate like yours; mine is a plainer version:
Gillette Old Type with ABC handle.jpg

A 1907 single ring. Shaves great! Most of the silver plate is gone or very thin. I will never part with it.

A lot of the 1906 Single Rings out there. I have one as well. Nowhere near my favorite, but a fine razor that gets used a couple of times each year.

Gillette Old Type - Complete with the cracked Ball-End Handle, but otherwise in very good condition, and still has most of her gold plating.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Gillette old type 1920's with a Tech Fat handle (2).jpg
1920's old type with a Tech fat handle because the other handle was completely un-fixable.

Top Bottom