What's new

What is your next brush purchase?

I have a birthday coming up in a couple of weeks. I asked my wife for a Zenith Manchurian 28mm Blue Chubby. A package arrived today that my wife quickly hid, I just caught a glimpse, appearing to be a size that would fit a brush? Checked The Gentle Shave eBay listing. A few days ago it said 5 left, today it says 4 left. Hmmm. I'm like a kid shaking gifts under the Christmas tree.
Pretty good spy work so far. The next steps are to locate the package and sniff, shake, taste, etc. whatever you can do to find out if it’s the Zenith Chubby Manchurian.

Pretty good spy work so far. The next steps are to locate the package and sniff, shake, taste, etc. whatever you can do to find out if it’s the Zenith Chubby Manchurian.

In my 4 yrs of wet shaving, I've never had an interest in natural brushes, always happy with my syths...until last December. I became curious. I bought an Omega 10049 and received a Semogue SOC Taj boar for Christmas. I love both of them and enjoyed the boar break in process.

My wife didn't make much of an attempt to hide the package. Confirmed. I'm hoping I enjoy the brush as much as I do my boars. Hoping for a brush with good scrub, more than SOC, and not too much scritch.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Zeniths and Semogues are the 2 best values in luxury badger brushes. I have the Manchurian in a butterscotch, and a 3 band silvertip in the blue handle that you *hope* to receive. Outstanding brushes. Happy Birthday!

Zenith ceop monsay.jpeg
zenith manch 2.jpeg

In my 4 yrs of wet shaving, I've never had an interest in natural brushes, always happy with my syths...until last December. I became curious. I bought an Omega 10049 and received a Semogue SOC Taj boar for Christmas. I love both of them and enjoyed the boar break in process.

My wife didn't make much of an attempt to hide the package. Confirmed. I'm hoping I enjoy the brush as much as I do my boars. Hoping for a brush with good scrub, more than SOC, and not too much scritch.
My first two brushes were synthetic and I liked th eye m and they worked well. Then I tried a few Boar brushes and they were different and great and I liked them too. In the last year I agave started using Badger brushes and they are different than both synthetic and boar, and they are also good and I like them.
I only compare brushes of the same type to each other, it allows me to find great brushes of all types without unrealistic expectations.
I hope you love your brush and have a great Birthday. Looking forward to reading all about it.

I've been dreaming of a shavemac ivory handle in the shape of a Simpson Eagle 2.Silvertip 3 band (i think it's called a D01 not sure)20-21 mm with a 44-46mm loft.As close to a Duke2 in knot. 321 back in the room!

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I'm downsizing. Just sold one with gelled tips that I didn't care for due to the gelled tips. No real plans to replace it. If I do it will be with a brand I can confirm doesn't gel. I don't think Simpson does, at least the two I have don't behave anything like the two gelled I've owned.

I was referring to the handle actually. It’s quite a looker

I don't think he has released them yet, I thought he said he's going to drop 10, well 9, of them at the time as the Noble Otter Firefighter release. He sold me one early because I'm a Californian wildfire victim.

Zenith horse hair extra soft

only on the fence if it needs to be the 50/50 instead

Attachments

• 8C7D3C4C-47F9-4212-A93D-E438449A7EF8.png
    8C7D3C4C-47F9-4212-A93D-E438449A7EF8.png
    279.2 KB · Views: 4
Either a Simpson Berkeley 46 or a Duke 1 (to complete the Duke trio)

How about both? The Berkeley is like a Duke 0 knot with a slimmer Duke 3 size handle. The B46 is an awesome little brush. I still own one that I abused so much, so it sheds like crazy but still is capable of producing great lather

Maybe a synthetic.
I’ve read a lot of good things about them. So far I’ve been using my Omega boars which do a great job actually…..

Top Bottom