What's new

What is your next brush purchase?

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Just ordered an "Amber Aerolite 24mm Stygian Synth Hybrid" from PAA. I enjoy "Smythe's" retro revivals, as well as his zany nomenclature. The brushes ain't bad, either.

I want a Declaration Grooming B3, I have a brush with B3 in it but I want one that is in a declaration grooming handle. I’d also love to get the above with B1, B2, or B5 but those are much more difficult to find.

I actually think I am done!

I just ordered a Simpsons Tulip 3 Super to go along with the Emperor 3 Super I ordered last week. Add that to the M7 Manchurian I traded for a couple of weeks ago... I am done. If I like being married that is. 🤪

Oh, I also have a Simpsons Eagle 3 Best coming from Spain. I am so dead when my wife sees all of these!💀

So how do you like the new brush? We're dying to hear your opinion!

Terrific, a larger brother for the tulip 2 that was already in my ‘collection!’ Love the tulip handle and it is tough to beat Simpsons super badger IMO!!
3F4DDFC1-5B1C-41CC-818F-8BEEA32A6B6F.jpeg

Semogue SOC: my first boar
Trafalgar T3: in doubt. Judging by the reports it's got a lot of backbone, and I disliked the Tuxedo knot, which had the most backbone of any brush I tried
Omega EVO: also in doubt. Heard it's similar to Mühle STF, and I didn't care for that knot too much. Gotta do more research.

Semogue SOC: my first boar
Trafalgar T3: in doubt. Judging by the reports it's got a lot of backbone, and I disliked the Tuxedo knot, which had the most backbone of any brush I tried
Omega EVO: also in doubt. Heard it's similar to Mühle STF, and I didn't care for that knot too much. Gotta do more research.
Not sure how much of a help thia is gonna be, but I didn’t care for the T3. On top of the backbone, I think it’s too densely packed (for my taste). The T2 is better balanced, for my taste, but still “not quite there”.

I’ve been recommended the Yaqi Everest, “a T2 with similar - maybe equivalent - bristles but longer knot”, which I think is part of T2’s issue.

Between the 2 Trafalgars, I’d go with the T2.

Just take that with a grain of salt, because I have very limited experience with brushes.

Paladin with Phantasia Pirate Handle, DG brush, Mozingo brush, another Morris & Forndran from the ready made section, down the road I would love to get a Varlet like the one Rudy Vey has.

Doug

I was going to purchase a Simpson in Manchurian, either a Chubby or M7; but the exchange rate on pounds sterling to Canuck bucks at this point make such a venture unwise. In second position, then, is another Shavemac which is not a bad thing at all :)

I have a birthday coming up in a couple of weeks. I asked my wife for a Zenith Manchurian 28mm Blue Chubby. A package arrived today that my wife quickly hid, I just caught a glimpse, appearing to be a size that would fit a brush? Checked The Gentle Shave eBay listing. A few days ago it said 5 left, today it says 4 left. Hmmm. I'm like a kid shaking gifts under the Christmas tree.

Top Bottom