What's new

What is your next brush purchase?

Either a Semogue taj boar 24mm or Maggards SHD bulb badger 26mm with sandy pearl.
Kinda leaning towards the Maggards badger since all I have is boars. Price is pretty steep, so I‘m still on the fence.

Or maybe a PantaRei badger, I really like the painted handle.
After those 3 I would be complete lol

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I'm trying to restrain myself from ordering a Zenith in Manchurian & Silvertip. I also need help not getting a Chubby 2 in Super. I the past month I've received 4 Zenith, 1 Elite Razor in Manchurian, & a Brad Sears. Based on my recent track record, I suppose someone is going to tell me that trying to refrain is futile. And someone else will help by telling me to get all 3. Right?

After all, we are all enablers for each other!!!

Restraint was never one of my long suits. ;)

Besides, one can never have too many brushes. ;)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I have two brushes under my radar. The first is an Oumo SHD two bands, I lean towards the 22m but maybe I'll go with the 24mm:
View attachment 1185642

The second brush is a Zenith in extra-soft horse hair:
View attachment 1185644
Jim AKA @Chan Eil Whiskers has enabled me beyond measure. :c4:

Enablers R Us employee of the month.jpg

There's a reason I win month after month, but, trust me on this, there is plenty of competition.

Love that handle in the top photo.

I’m wanting to get my hands on another wood-handled brush, ideally something turned by one of the hobbyists here on B&B. I’ve recently been following the brush making/resto subthread and I’m so impressed with what everyone is cranking out!

I have nothing in mind as of this moment. However, our friend Mr. Watterson has a habit of catching my eye with sudden surprises each year on the day after Thanksgiving...
I took your advice and got the Duke 3, I like it very much, with it I see no reason to keep the chubby 1 best, am going to send it back and get the M7 best instead.

I have nothing in mind as of this moment. However, our friend Mr. Watterson has a habit of catching my eye with sudden surprises each year on the day after Thanksgiving...
Just got home and lathered up using my Duke 3 best and MWF, the Duke 3 is the perfect knot size, loft, handle , it lathered up the MWF like perfection. Thanks for recommending it, it is perfect.

I just ordered a Muhle Sophist in Ironwood with STF. Hoping it will be soft since I have heard good things about the STF. Several years ago I was deciding between Plisson and Muhle STF and went Plisson, partly because of the awesome clearance deal from L'Occitane, which I have enjoyed a lot. Now that neither Plisson nor L'Occitane is offering the same knot, I decided to try the STF.

I wanted the Sophist in African Blackwood, but it turns out it has been discontinued (possibly the entire Sophist line, but not sure). Although Muhle UK had it in stock, they were not willing to ship it. I managed to get the Ironwood one from Executive Shaving. Hoping I will like it!

I completely disliked my last brush purchase which was an AdP travel brush.

My Cyber Monday Simpson M7 in best should arrive next week and I am already looking at my next brush.

I am going with a Duke 3 but torn between best or synthetic.

Anyone have both that can give a few pros and cons?

I face and bowl lather, so the brush could be great at doing both or either.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I have and enjoy both. You should and probably will eventually get both... but with that said, consider this. Every wet shaver needs to try a Duke in Best, but not every shaver needs to try a Duke 3 synthetic. In fact, to my mind the M7 synthetic is much better than the Duke synthetic. The longer handle provides a better fulcrum for splaying or painting, and it keeps the hand and the lather apart. When you splay a Simpson synthetic (or any synth, I suppose) the lather gets forced up the knot onto the handle. The M7 design prevents that.

So you have a choice here between two goods- there is no 'bad' option. But while both brushes are good, only Best is best!

My Cyber Monday Simpson M7 in best should arrive next week and I am already looking at my next brush.

I am going with a Duke 3 but torn between best or synthetic.

Anyone have both that can give a few pros and cons?

I face and bowl lather, so the brush could be great at doing both or either.
Go with the Duke 3 Best, just got one and love it

I have and enjoy both. You should and probably will eventually get both... but with that said, consider this. Every wet shaver needs to try a Duke in Best, but not every shaver needs to try a Duke 3 synthetic. In fact, to my mind the M7 synthetic is much better than the Duke synthetic. The longer handle provides a better fulcrum for splaying or painting, and it keeps the hand and the lather apart. When you splay a Simpson synthetic (or any synth, I suppose) the lather gets forced up the knot onto the handle. The M7 design prevents that.

So you have a choice here between two goods- there is no 'bad' option. But while both brushes are good, only Best is best!
Thought I would show you the lather from my morning shave with MWF and Duke 3 Best
6A1506BB-5ECB-4851-8864-00CB75181DE5.jpeg

Top Bottom