What's new

What is your “must try” aftershave?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm not sure of the spelling - Pino Silvestro ? Hope that's close.
GREAT choice. I used Pino Sylvestere (I am not sure either!) today.

Almost any vintage (1960's) Avon is good: especially Spicy, Bay Rum, Blend 7, Tai Winds....

Original Clubman.

But, the one that I'd have to have is Brut. Closest thing to a perfect cheap aftershave for me. (And for some reason reminds me of Dad...)

I was the lucky recipient of the Seaforth! Heather sample from @MyOldKentuckyHome ...that stuff is fantastic, and quickly becoming a favorite. The War Department even loves it.

Performance on budget : peasize amount of 444 balm mixed with Hey Joe! Classic Gold.

For those special occasions when only the best scent is an option : Czech & Speake No. 88 ( or Oxford & Cambridge if lavender is preferred)

Proraso Green AS splash. It ticks all the boxes for me: feels great and smells great, but the scent isn't too strong and it fades nicely over the day.

My current favorite is Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber. Great scent, has alcohol, witch hazel and menthol, so great skin experience. At least for me.

For scent, my all time favorites is PAA John Frum. I love it. If I could only have one scent it would be John Frum. The sting from PAA is intense, since it’s alcohol based.

For feel, I love the A&E aftershaves. They are almost like a liquid balm. I also like PAA Star Jelly for feel, but I’ve only ever used one. You guessed it, John Frum.

I also love the classics! Clubman, pretty much all bay rum, Old Spice, Brut. I guess I’m an aftershave junkie too!

My absolute favorite aftershave is vintage Patou Pour Homme, but that stuff is next to impossible to find for less than a car payment. Czech & Speake No. 88 is a stone-cold classic, but it's still on the spendy side. My favorite "inexpensive" aftershave is probably Klar's Sandelholz (sandalwood) aftershave. It soothes, has a little menthol kick and it smells GREAT!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Several come to mind:

1) Barrister and Mann Bay Rum
2) Lustray Spice
3) Seaforth! Spiced!
4) Barrister and Mann Seville
5) Stirling Bay Rum
6) Bootlegger's Bay Rum
7) Bootlegger's El Dorado
8) Barrister and Mann Reserve Spice

How's that for starters?

Two out of eight! I don't know what to say. I feel tears welling up. :)

Great but a little hard to obtain

Knize Ten - leather, diesel and raspberry
Officina Artigiana Milano original - gujac, birch and magic
Officina Artigiana Milano Stay Traditional - Grapefruit bomb softened by wild strawberries

just great
Alt Innsbruck - tobacco flower, menthol
Floid - powdery 30ies barbershop, menthol
Proraso red, synthetic but great sandalwood

Fine accoutrements lavender pour homme and American blend...quality stuff, too bad they are discontinued

Lavender is discontinued?! That’s my favorite aftershave! Say it ain’t so! Also love all the responses. They’ve given me many options whenever i decide to purchase an addition to my already bloated aftershave”collection.”

Lavender is discontinued?! That’s my favorite aftershave! Say it ain’t so! Also love all the responses. They’ve given me many options whenever i decide to purchase an addition to my already bloated aftershave”collection.”

I'm afraid lavender has indeed been discontinued. American Blend still remains however.

It is always possible it comes back in a year or so IMO. Italian Citrus went away for a while back in the day. It returned. We can always hope!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Bootlegger's El Dorado
Bootlegger's Bay Rum
Original Stetson
Pinaud Clubman
Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal
Floïd Vigoroso
Speick
Pitralon
RazoRock Tuscan Oud
Tabac

These ought to keep you busy for awhile. :cool:

The aftershaves that blew me away are Captain's Choice North with my own added menthol crystals (something about the juniper combined with menthol was just so refreshing) and also PAA's CaD (something about the fragrance of the aftershave combined with the strong menthol creates a real experience splashing it on - it warms and then cools). I also really love PAA's Spring Heeled Jack which was scented with real coffee essential oil and coffee absolute. It was like engulfing yourself with coffee after a shave. Splashing my face with these after a shave almost became an "experience."

Top Bottom