What's new

What is your most forgiving razor?

Which razor do you own that is the one that you grab when you can't have any nicks or cuts whatsoever during your shave? If you're inebriated, and need to shave for work tomorrow, which razor do you grab knowing you won't be at your best in terms of hand steadiness? Which razor of yours is the one you're most confident using in less then ideal circumstances?

Several ways to ask the same question. For me, it's my Timeless .68 in any flavor, sb, oc, or scalloped. Somehow that razor can give me a very close two-pass shave without me having to think about what I'm doing. I can be darn near reckless and still achieve a shave that leaves very minimal burn with an alcohol based aftershave. It doesn't make sense to me but for some reason that razor is just incredibly forgiving on my face.

So, what razor that you own is the go-to when you need a great shave with no nicks or cuts? The razor that you don't fear under any circumstances but still gives a great, close shave?

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
I hear you on the Timeless .68 SB. It is my daily driver and I love it above all others. But... my aluminum British tech is what I would turn to if I was feeling dicey or absolutely needing not to spill a drop of blood. I paid $5 for it and it really could have been my one and only. It has never done me wrong.

It would have been my timeless .68 until I bought a 1955 Diplomat "just because." It boggles my mind.

I agree, the Tech is incredibly forgiving, I just can't get a lasting shave with one.

Razorock Hawk. Best shave for least effort, for me.

My top vote is for the blue tip or black handle flare (shave exactly the same IME), with the RR Mamba .53 as a modern alternative that's in the same league.

The lowest setting on a slim or super adjustable is even milder than the flares, but doesn't shave well for me.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Maybe it's my Feather as-d2.
It is Gillette tech redesigned by the Japanese into a stainless steel version, even for some people it is overly mild.

In addition, Rockwell 6s is also a gentle and tough guy that can be trusted, and Timeless ti 68 is the highest balance of performance and quality in my collection.

Which razor do you own that is the one that you grab when you can't have any nicks or cuts whatsoever during your shave? If you're inebriated, and need to shave for work tomorrow, which razor do you grab knowing you won't be at your best in terms of hand steadiness? Which razor of yours is the one you're most confident using in less then ideal circumstances?

Several ways to ask the same question. For me, it's my Timeless .68 in any flavor, sb, oc, or scalloped. Somehow that razor can give me a very close two-pass shave without me having to think about what I'm doing. I can be darn near reckless and still achieve a shave that leaves very minimal burn with an alcohol based aftershave. It doesn't make sense to me but for some reason that razor is just incredibly forgiving on my face.

So, what razor that you own is the go-to when you need a great shave with no nicks or cuts? The razor that you don't fear under any circumstances but still gives a great, close shave?
Ditto. Timeless .68 is magic. I would recommend it to every new shaver if it wasn’t so expensive. But it was the best money I ever spent.

Henson (mild version) is by far the safest safety razor for me to use when hungover, in a rush, or otherwise inattentive. Which is perfect because that's when I want a safety razor as if I'm going to take my time I'd rather use a straight. Crazy thing is, it still manages to be quite efficient.

Before happening upon that, I found Schick injectors best for this purpose, the later models are quite mild and they're very forgiving for me.

Currently, Lupo DLC & Tatara Masamune are the 2 most forgiving razors in my den. It used to be my Wolfman Guerilla and Charcoal Goods Everyday Razor in brass before I sold both.

Top Bottom