What's new

What is your most efficient razor?

Just so we're all talking about the same thing, to me efficiency is how closely a razor shaves compared to other razors with all other factors kept equal. In other words, same prep, same blade, same number of passes.

For me it's the Fatip Open Comb, Mk. 1. Unfortunately, I cannot shave daily with that razor without incurring irritation on my neck. Second place goes to the Merkur Futur, which I sold because I just didn't enjoy using it; it's just too large and ponderous. Third is the latest version of the Muhle Rocca. It's a pleasure to use, but I wish it were just a tad more efficient. The Game Changer .84 open comb and Fatip open comb Mk. 2 are tied for fourth place.

Timeless Bronze SB, can get BBS easily with one pass and just a little clean up. Crazy efficient but you wouldn’t know it by the blade gap. Very slick soaps are a must.

I own a whopping DE safety razors, a Razorock GC .68 with Halo Handle and a Razorock GC .84 with super knurl handle. I like both, but since recently acquiring the .68 I can safely say the .84 is the more efficient of the two, but I enjoy shaving with the .68 much more as it causes far less irritation, almost none in fact.

Futur setting 6 and R41. I go back and forth on these two razors. I like each one better than the other every time I switch...which is usually every two days - I like to use a blade twice and toss it then try the same blade in the other razor.

What is your most efficient razor?

If modified razors are allowed...
Gillette "No Guard" Tech (guards removed from baseplate [filed off])
NG-Butterscotch-BLADE-ANGLE_2019-05-16.jpg
NG-Butterscotch_2019-05-15.jpg

If not...
iKon Tech (with one wide shim [between baseplate and blade] to stiffen up the blade)
Angles-iKonTech_2018-01-21_small.jpg
iKonTech-7075-R+PolsilverSI_2017-05-23.jpg

NB
I use both steep (handle close to face) because I'm a member of the SASA. :cornut:

Top Bottom