What's new

What is your most efficient razor that you can share with daily?

Let us know how you make out with it. A small change in angle, seems to make a pretty big difference in feel. At least for me.

I think that’s pretty spot on about the Fatip. You have a lot of control about how you want your shave to be and I think that’s part of the appeal.

I can think of many, many razors in my den both modern and vintage that I can use daily. Difference is some will get the job done in 1 pass while others would need 2 passes if we’re just talking daily.

Brother Czar,

You mentioned the Muhle R89 as being ineffective with your tough whiskers and sensitive skin. I too have tough whiskers and sensitive skin My best performing razor arguably is my Muhle R89 that is double shimmed below the working blade.

And amazing shave, that is close and comfortable!

Let us know how you make out with it. A small change in angle, seems to make a pretty big difference in feel. At least for me.
I tried it and you are correct. But you have to maintain a precise angle, slightest change and it will not work for you. While it is OK for above jaw are where you are doing straight down strokes, it becomes a hustle when you are going down and especially in curved spots. I have a couple of razors which don't have this problem so I will stick with them.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I use my Gillette birth quarter (H2) pretty much daily. DFS everytime. Love it and some Arko.

My Gillette Toggle on any setting.
20181103_091350.jpg

I tried it and you are correct. But you have to maintain a precise angle, slightest change and it will not work for you. While it is OK for above jaw are where you are doing straight down strokes, it becomes a hustle when you are going down and especially in curved spots. I have a couple of razors which don't have this problem so I will stick with them.

If you go back to it every once in a while, your opinion might change at some point in the future. At first I wasn't much of a fan. It's still not really my favorite razor, but I do enjoy using it. Especially when I want to try something quite different. The Fatip really came into its own for me when I loaded it up with a Voskhod blade.

My preference is mild/moderate razors paired with sharp blades! I can use these every day without problems. For example the Wolfman WR1/GSB that I used for a BBS this AM!! :a29:

Top Bottom