What's new

What is your most efficient razor that you can share with daily?

Thanks all. Curious about the fine and Parker razors. What are they compare to?

Not sure what to compare it to. It has a large gap from the blade to the blade rest. It's more aggressive than my Gillette NEW LC. You can get one on Amazon for only $28.00. The Parker 97R and 94R have the same head.

Easy, my Timeless 95 OC (Stainless). Fantastic efficiency, yet smooth enough to use daily with a Nacet, GSB, Feather, or maybe a Personna Red. I find a fairly sharp blade works best with an OC or other efficient razor.

Timeless .95 OC Stainless or Titanium, also Fatboy or Slim wide open. All with a feather, for me the clincher is a super thick lather like I get with MWF.

You want a Parker 99r. Mega efficient even paired with a mild blade and can be uses daily no problems.

I can mow through days growth with bbs results using blades like Lord Racers etc

My RR GC84 with a Personna Red is the most aggressive razor I can use daily without getting irritation. Going up to the Fatip Grande OC (even with the Personna Red) will begin to hurt my face after a few days. I always shave to BBS, so I don't do just a pass or two.

Fatip Piccolo mk2 OC with a Nacet is both my most efficient and comfortable razor.
DFS 1 pass WTG zero irritation.

It's interesting how the piccolo seems to be more aggressive for some and vice versa for others.

I can't wait to try out the piccolo but the most aggressive razor I can use daily is a GC84 with a BIC. Any other combo with that razor will leave me looking like mince meat.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
You want a Parker 99r. Mega efficient even paired with a mild blade and can be uses daily no problems.

I can mow through days growth with bbs results using blades like Lord Racers etc
I will add this to the list!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It's interesting how the piccolo seems to be more aggressive for some and vice versa for others.

I can't wait to try out the piccolo but the most aggressive razor I can use daily is a GC84 with a BIC. Any other combo with that razor will leave me looking like mince meat.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

I'm sure it's very dependent on the person. However, it's been my experience that the Fatip open comb razors are quite different from most DE razors because their feel is very sensitive to blade angle. They have almost zero blade gap and a lot of blade exposure. If they are used with a shallow blade angle, by riding the cap with the handle almost at 90 degrees from the skin, they don't have a lot of blade feel at all and they can be quite smooth and mild. If they are used at a more typical blade angle, with the handle somewhere around a 45 degree angle relative to the skin, they are very aggressive and have a lot of blade feel. I can get great daily shaves from the Fatip open combs when I focus on keeping a shallow blade angle. Otherwise, they are just too aggressive for me for daily use. And I enjoy fairly aggressive razors during my every day shaves.

I'm sure it's very dependent on the person. However, it's been my experience that the Fatip open comb razors are quite different from most DE razors because their feel is very sensitive to blade angle. They have almost zero blade gap and a lot of blade exposure. If they are used with a shallow blade angle, by riding the cap with the handle almost at 90 degrees from the skin, they don't have a lot of blade feel at all and they can be quite smooth and mild. If they are used at a more typical blade angle, with the handle somewhere around a 45 degree angle relative to the skin, they are very aggressive and have a lot of blade feel. I can get great daily shaves from the Fatip open combs when I focus on keeping a shallow blade angle. Otherwise, they are just too aggressive for me for daily use. And I enjoy fairly aggressive razors during my every day shaves.
Thanks for information, will try shallow angle tonight

Top Bottom