What's new

What is your most boring razor?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
For me, a boring razor is one that shaves well but is also very forgiving. I much more prefer a challenge when shaving. This makes my Titan ACRM-2 T.H.60 my most boring razor.

IMG_20220402_092924.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I suppose boring would include a razor that seems effortless to use and it seems like you're shaving on autopilot. For me that's the RazoRock Lupo SS SB .72. Gives a great shave every time, but the ease of use is...remarkable.

JCarr

Something exciting about using a new razor for the first couple of months. I have a great DE and SR that deliver amazing shaves…just boring good shaves day after day.

I think in your post...there's something there that's ultimately part of the goal. If you have razors like that...it's fantastic.

Tatara Muramasa. Boring in a good way. The shave is just….perfect. Nothing special, no audio feedback, awesome ragtime feeling, perfect balance, perfect build quality. Its like shaving with a sterile surgical instrument.

Also, DE89. TV-dinner-razor. It gets the job done.

JCarr

So...this kinda falls under this heading. I have two razors that I really, really enjoy using. One is my Wolfman WR1 SS SB .74. This razor for me is a dream come true. When I first got it, I thought it was a bit too aggressive...so I simply kept using it...and now...it's perfect. The second razor is kind of the opposite story in a way. It can be scary aggressive at times. It's the DSCosmetic Z.0 v2...a Chinese stainless steel knock-off of the original Muhle R41. To give you an idea of what I think of it in terms of aggressiveness...I call it The Beast. You can't take a nap and shave with this thing unless you want to get bitten. That having been said, I prefer to use it...even over my Wolfman. It's more of a challenge. I feel I've mastered it and can get consistent, very close, blood-free shaves from it. It shaves just as close as the Wolfman...they're on par with each other in the close shave category. But I just find myself reaching for the DSCosmetic more than I do the Wolfman. Am I nuts? The cost difference is jaw-dropping...Wolfman was $250...bought the head used from another member who never even used it and bought a $50 titanium handle for it...while the DSCosmetic was $32 head only and I bought a $50 titanium handle for it.

It's not that I hardly ever use the Wolfman...I do use it...but I prefer to use the DSCosmetic.

Any razor I don't look forward to shaving with is boring, in my humble opinion. That's pretty much anything from Edwin Jagger, Muhle, Parker, or RazoRock. There are notible exceptions for Muhle and RR, but not EJ or Parker, who only sell junk.

Last edited:
Any razor I don't look forward to shaving with is boring, in my humble opinion. That's pretty much anything from Edwin Jagger, Muhle, Parker, or RazoRock. There are notible exceptions for Muhle and RR, but not EJ or Parker, who only sell junk.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Well, since you clarified in your OP, that its boring razor, not a bad razor, then I have to say, Feather AS-D2.

proxy.php

This is because, while the razor is high quality and all, its a super mild razor. It takes all day to shave my 2-day course whisker stubble with it, and that is why I would classify it as boring.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I prefer middle of the road razors, not too boring and not too exciting. My most boring razor is my Ming-shi 2000, the shaves are good, but I can't remember shaving with it even once. I prefer something with a bit more drama, my Muhle Rocca R94 is my favourite audio feedback and all. By the time I'm finished shaving with my Yaqi Slant my hair is on fire my face looks like I've done ten rounds with Freddy Krueger, and my nerves are shot to pieces, it gets even less use than the Ming-shi.

So...this kinda falls under this heading. I have two razors that I really, really enjoy using. One is my Wolfman WR1 SS SB .74. This razor for me is a dream come true. When I first got it, I thought it was a bit too aggressive...so I simply kept using it...and now...it's perfect. The second razor is kind of the opposite story in a way. It can be scary aggressive at times. It's the DSCosmetic Z.0 v2...a Chinese stainless steel knock-off of the original Muhle R41. To give you an idea of what I think of it in terms of aggressiveness...I call it The Beast. You can't take a nap and shave with this thing unless you want to get bitten. That having been said, I prefer to use it...even over my Wolfman. It's more of a challenge. I feel I've mastered it and can get consistent, very close, blood-free shaves from it. It shaves just as close as the Wolfman...they're on par with each other in the close shave category. But I just find myself reaching for the DSCosmetic more than I do the Wolfman. Am I nuts? The cost difference is jaw-dropping...Wolfman was $250...bought the head used from another member who never even used it and bought a $50 titanium handle for it...while the DSCosmetic was $32 head only and I bought a $50 titanium handle for it.

It's not that I hardly ever use the Wolfman...I do use it...but I prefer to use the DSCosmetic.
I agree, I have the v1 of The Beast and while it's not a fast shaver, if you pay attention throught the whole shave, you'll get an outstanding bloodfree shave. I should use it more often because every time I do, Im impressed by the shave result. The boring razor would be my Gillette tech, not as efficient and very forgiving : no challenge.

King C Gillette
Very mild, zero blade feel, and impossible to get a bbs on my face.
I've been using it for head shaves which perfectly suits it because I think it's impossible to cut our nick yourself with it.

The Schick Krona DE razor from the late 1960's to early 1970's.

It is well balanced, has a comfortable and slightly long handle, and offers medium aggression. Smooth and pleasant shaver, enabling the shaver to shave on autopilot. It has never cut or nicked me. Not once.

Sometimes boring can be very pleasant.

I guess I would say my Rockwell 6s is my boring razor....in a good way. It is so much better than any other razor I have that I use it 95% of the time now. BBS shave every time but no challenge to get it.

Top Bottom