What's new

What is your most boring razor?

The title say it all. Not a bad razor, boring razor. I will explain what for me is not boring razor. A razor that is a pleasure to use. Can hear the whiskers cutting. I'm exited every time I use it. And for me personally a blade feel. Basically a razor that I can't wait to use it again. I'm here to enjoy not only to be clean shaved.

Rockwell 6s is a boring razor for me. I get no pleasure from it. It shaves, I guess, but it is a joyless experience filled with a sense of mediocrity and creeping, low-level despair that life may not be all I had hoped it would be. I got the red one but it didn’t make a difference.
I sold my Rockwell after two weeks. Good shave but no feelings at all.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
The title say it all. Not a bad razor, boring razor. I will explain what for me is not boring razor. A razor that is a pleasure to use. Can hear the whiskers cutting. I'm exited every time I use it. And for me personally a blade feel. Basically a razor that I can't wait to use it again. I'm here to enjoy not only to be clean shaved.
Following your description of a boring razor, I have 3 or 4> of those razors that easy going mostly and give excellent results.
Razorock Lupo.72(mid Range) and Yaqi V2 Excalibur SE AC 50mm (tame mid range) that just give stellar results and nice change up. (If you can master Gem (ASR) razors I find them very enjoyable but a little learning curve for some folks.)
(L-R) RR Lupo.72...............................................................Yaqi V2 Excalibur 50mm
Razorock Lupo .72, 2021 #2 Gen.jpg Yaqi Excaliper V2 Mfg 2021.jpg

Another Vintage razor that will blow the socks off a lot of razors is my Star bar #4 model lather catcher(tame mid range) and this one works very well with a new Gem PTFE blade.
(below Star Bar #4)
Star lather catcher Model #4 MFG 1919-20(2).jpg
Another nice razor that is a mild range razor but will give a decent shave is the Razorock SLOC( Mellon head)
(Below)
Razorock SLOC Razor 2017 (2).jpg
Have some great shaves!

I think I would say it’s my Merkur 34C. It’s a great razor, but a little boring. Maybe that’s a good thing. When I look at my injectors, I’ll say my Schick O clone is boring. Again, it’s a great razor, but not exciting.
I used to own a Schick L. it was boring so I change it to Schick E. Very enjoyable razor.

Tech. New long comb. the Old styled head 4 pc traveler, haven't used the Fatip in almost 10 yrs.

Gem 1912.

some of my straights.

the MMOC and other straights take some attention.

Following your description of a boring razor, I have 3 or 4> of those razors that easy going mostly and give excellent results.
Razorock Lupo.72(mid Range) and Yaqi V2 Excalibur SE AC 50mm (tame mid range) that just give stellar results and nice change up. (If you can master Gem (ASR) razors I find them very enjoyable but a little learning curve for some folks.)
(L-R) RR Lupo.72...............................................................Yaqi V2 Excalibur 50mm
View attachment 1446013 View attachment 1446014

Another Vintage razor that will blow the socks off a lot of razors is my Star bar #4 model lather catcher(tame mid range) and this one works very well with a new Gem PTFE blade.
(below Star Bar #4)
View attachment 1446012
Another nice razor that is a mild range razor but will give a decent shave is the Razorock SLOC( Mellon head)
(Below)
View attachment 1446016
Have some great shaves!
Yes I have some Gems. micromatic and shovelhead are not boring at all.

At this time, I am very happy with using a "boring" DE razor. As long as I get a clean shave and don't mangle my face, I'm happy. The three "boring" razors I use are a Parker Variant setting 1 or 2, a Merkur 38C and a Rockland 2C plates 1 and 2. The Parker Variant and Rockwell 2C are more "boring" than the Merkur 38C. In contrast, an unknown brand long/light razor and a MicroTouchOne (Weishi) are not boring. They usually draw blood and require that I focus my attention on the shave.

At this time, I am very happy with using a "boring" DE razor. As long as I get a clean shave and don't mangle my face, I'm happy. The three "boring" razors I use are a Parker Variant setting 1 or 2, a Merkur 38C and a Rockland 2C plates 1 and 2. The Parker Variant and Rockwell 2C are more "boring" than the Merkur 38C. In contrast, an unknown brand long/light razor and a MicroTouchOne (Weishi) are not boring. They usually draw blood and require that I focus my attention on the shave.
i'm not criticizing. I only want to know. Be happy with everything that works for you.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'm fortunate.... I have one razor that was a gift from our youngest son, i.e., the RR Lupo DE Aluminum... I don't use it, even though I bought a SS handle for it.

I only have two other razors... same razor, one in matte finish, the other polished: the ESC Claymore Evolution. It's not a boring razor.

But I'll still read this thread with interest.

Top Bottom