What's new

What Is Your Guitar Setup?

My No. 1 guitar is a '62 AVRI Strat. For amps I play through a Princeton Reverb at home and a Mesa/Boogie Studio .22+ at my weekly jam sessions. I don't use a lot of pedals, just a ProCo Rat.

I have two Gibson Les Paul Standards, a Cherry Sunburst one with a slim tapered 60's neck from the late 80's, and a 50's 'fat' neck from 2002 that has the tobacco sunburst. I almost never play the Tobacco one. I've had the Cherry Sunburst since the 1989 and I love the thing.

Amp wise, I have a Fender Hot Rod Deville with the dual speakers, and a Marshall JCM800 Super lead half stack that I never play. I pretty much just plug into either one and go, although I do have a Ibanez Tube Screamer and a old school TC electronic Stereo Chorus/Flanger that my old man borrows non-stop. Oh, and I have a Gibson Attenuator (Power Soak) to keep the wife off my back.

Dream wise, I want one an original Klon guitar pedal, but I am not willing to spend the thousands to get it.

I'm a bass player.
My main two basses are a musicman stingray (vintage burst) and a musicman S. U. B.

I play through a carvin r1000 with a 2 cab stack. And a little mark amp with a small-ish cab. I don't know the details about the setups as they are my church's and i did not pick them out.

I don't really have a amp of my own at the moment, i was going to get one but the stingray popped up on Craigslist for $600 and couldn't resist

My most played amps are the 5C3 Deluxe I built & my Vox Night Train. My most played geetar is my Deluxe Strat, Ive never been a Gibson guy

b_train - Ricks are sweet. Never owned one myself but if Geddy rocked one back in the early days (and Chris Squire) then you know it's some good stuff

bassman - Lakland makes some awesome basses. I used to have 44-02 and DJ signature.

When I got my frist Lakland, I was actually looking at basses almost twice the cost. I kept coming back to this blond/maple 5-string while I was at the store. I didn't intend to walk out with a bass that day, but I ended up taking it home.

It's been my brand of choice for about 10 years.

I've been playing for 20 plus years, and still cant play:blushing:. I have a 1968 Fender Strat that I play through a Fender Blues Jr. or a Egnater rebel 20. I have a few pedals and a T.C. Electronic Nova system. I also have a '65 Gibson C-1 classical and a Martin something or other. It's a discontinued model that has mahogany laminated sides, and a solid mahogany back, solid spruce top, and some bolts holding the neck on from the inside. I also have a thin line Telecaster that a good buddy of mine made for me.

Les Paul studio with Marshall amp. I'm not great and still learning, but having a lot of fun playing.

I also have a Yamaha FG-700 acoustic. For $200 those are amazing guitars.

I generally use my own strats and G&L's they make fine guitars IMO. I run 2 twin reverbs together, a silverface 1972 and a 1973, the '73 has a mercury magnetics output trans and choke, the other is stock. I use them with a maxon delay and a fulltone choralfange, sounds amazing, really rich and lush tone. Also use a Vintage Sound 60's deluxe reverb clone and a goodsell super 17 MKII through a stevensen cab.

Last edited:
I let go of all the guitars I had a few years back. I did have a guitar I was building...l want to do an SRV First Wife tribute. Funny enough I still have that damn strat.... Well the pieces anyway. I had a beat up MIM 3 color burst body, found a guy that makes pick ups and got an order in for a set that matched the output of the pickups in that guitar. I got the black pickguard and the left handed tremolo. I didn't have a neck at the time and it all went into a box. I am now working on getting it finished. I am more focused on the early life version, no gold stuff on there and still has most of the finish. Like I said the body I have is pretty up so I'm not killing a good guitar...
$image.jpg

Acoustic: 2003 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer

Electric: 2003 Fender Highway One Stratocaster w/Vintage Noiseless pickups installed. Into a Zoom G3X then to my Tech 21 Trademark 10 amp.

The Ovation is still in great shape however my Strat is basically done for unless I spend the money on a new neck or pay to have the original one refretted.

Old picture but you get the idea:

proxy.php

I,primarily, play a Fender Johnny Marr Jaguar strung with 13's through a Vox AC-30. What is between the guitar and the amp, well.....that a whole other constantly changing mess.

Just got another Marr Jaguar in Sherwood Green because it is sexy

Also the Bass VI in the first pic. Is almost done. Putting some '61 bass VI pickups in it, made by Curtis Novak. Those pickups were only in the VI from '61 to '62, before they switched to jaguar-style pickups.

Also putting a stay trem bridge and a mastery vibrato on that bad boy. Can't wait!

Last edited:
Gibson black beauty i got for x mas Mexican strat a de adario classical a alrerez acoustic electric and a washburn acoustic electric.

I have too many guitars to list, but my favourites are a 1973 all original excellent condition Les Paul Deluxe, Les Paul Faded, and my Breedlove Acoustic. My goto amp is my Genz Benz El Diablo 60.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
2009 Gibson Les Paul USA. Locking tuners, new ibony(bone and ivory) nut, split coil pots. Egnater amp and a plethora of peddles. Also have the Native Instruments Guitar Rig 5 Kontrol...fun. Last but not least I bought the Rockman X100 by Tom Scholz of Boston...just plain fun.

$IMG_2334.jpg

Last edited:
I,primarily, play a Fender Johnny Marr Jaguar strung with 13's through a Vox AC-30. What is between the guitar and the amp, well.....that a whole other constantly changing mess.

Just got another Marr Jaguar in Sherwood Green because it is sexy

Also the Bass VI in the first pic. Is almost done. Putting some '61 bass VI pickups in it, made by Curtis Novak. Those pickups were only in the VI from '61 to '62, before they switched to jaguar-style pickups.

Also putting a stay trem bridge and a mastery vibrato on that bad boy. Can't wait!

That green Johnny Marr Jaguar is gorgeous--makes me wish I'd stuck with those guitar lessons.
You're set-up made me think of this;

$2c78261e.jpg

I'm no better with equipment here than I am with shaving! I'm fine with one amp, until 'hey this sounds good', or I discover a pedal, or... or... or..., well you all know! Mostly though, I stay acoustic, Fender Malibou, and a Vox Pathfinder with nothing more than a chorus pedal and a reverb run through a Peavey KB 100 watt.
$20150102_062954.jpg
$20150102_063103.jpg

Attachments

• $20150102_063103.jpg
    $20150102_063103.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 44
You think you have a few guitars?

$Guitar Column.jpg

If you ever make it to Seattle there is a great museum called the Experience Music Project (EMP) Museum. Sits next to the Needle, and it has a great number of music, sci and horror movie exhibits including a cool history of the guitar, a Jimi Hendrix and a Nirvana history exhibit. And this cool column of guitars.

Top Bottom