What's new

What is your go to website for buying shaving supplies?

Any good websites for buying shaving supplies?

Or you usually go to a brick and mortar store by where you live?

Depends on what I need.

Soaps - Mike's Natural Soaps or Vostok from QCS.
Blades - eBay or Amazon, whichever has 100 Personna Lab Blues cheaper.
Brush - Rudy Vey
Razor - vintage from B/S/T or eBay. New from West Coast Shaving or Above the Tie.

I have ordered from several sites:

razorbladesandmore
Bullgoose Shaving
Shavetools.com
West Coast Shaving

Shaveabuck has great deals too........

Maggard's - Good customer service and some unique stock (their safety razors and shaving bowls in particular)
Stirling Soaps - Fantastic soaps, great prices, friendly and accommodating owner.
Shaving.ie - Good prices, good shipping rates to Australia.
The Superior Shave - Good prices on straights in particular and very honest customer service.
Westcoastshaving - Good selection and prices.

No secret about why I choose to buy at one place over another. Quality of the product, fair prices, good shipping and good customer service. Most places that you hear mentioned around the place have all these attributes. Often shipping rates to Australia help me decide. I've had quotes of $80 shipping for $20 worth of product before. I won't buy something from someone who treats me like an idiot. I buy and sell multiple items online every week. I know what it costs to ship things internationally and I'm happy to allow for that as an in-built part of the price. Having said that, anywhere that deliberately tries to rip me off won't get my business.

Barbiere di Figaro
Muhle
Soaps directly from the maker if possible (QCS, Calani, ...)
Connaught
Simpsons, for brushes
Bestshave, for blades
Vintagescent, for Semogues and creams

Overpriced :thumbdown

Looking around it seems fairly even to most other sites I've found. The only thing that I won't buy from them now is blades. They also have better customer service than any site I've used and not just for shaving. They also despatch when they say unlike other shaving sites I've tried who often wait 1-2 days then still charge for delivery.

Living in Canada, shipping charges and customs duty is a consideration for me. I bought my razor from Mark of a Gentleman in Etobicoke, and my brush and cream set from menessentials on Danforth. Amazon has lots of creams and implements too. Thanks for that hint Lather, I will check out Italian Barber.

I use Bullgoose first for fast shipment, excellent choices and being a great guy. If Bullgoose doesn't have it I use many of the sites already listed.

I will 3rd Maggard Razors. Not only are they about an hour drive from me, shipping I usually get next day. Super low prices, and great service.

Connaughtshaving has very reasonable prices and fast service internationally;

same for the English shaving company (look out for free worldwide shipping!);

Ditto for mensbiz in Australia

I'm in the U.S. I use the following based on selection, price, and great customer service. This list is in no particular order.

West Coast Shaving
Italian Barber
Bullgoose
Razor Blades and More
Shave a Buck
Stirling Soaps

Top Bottom