What's new

What is your favourite attainable badger brush for soaps?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I ended up ordering a RazoRock 506 Boar in a Cherry wood handle. I will let you all know what I think when it arrives. Have a fantastic weekend gents!

That's a rebranded Zenith. You will like it I think. All the Zenith boars I've used have been very nice. My only reservation on this one is the loft. In my experience with Zenith boars, they're often actually of a lower loft than advertised. I prefer 57 mm or lower in Zenith boars, but have a few taller and they're fine.

Zeniths.All.Boars.640.9-27-18.JPG

It won't require much breaking in, but it will still break in, which means it will improve as it develops more and more split ends. I think all the boars in the photo have plenty of split ends.

Congratulations and happy shaves,

Jim

That's a rebranded Zenith. You will like it I think. All the Zenith boars I've used have been very nice. My only reservation on this one is the loft. In my experience with Zenith boars, they're often actually of a lower loft than advertised. I prefer 57 mm or lower in Zenith boars, but have a few taller and they're fine.

View attachment 1435026

It won't require much breaking in, but it will still break in, which means it will improve as it develops more and more split ends. I think all the boars in the photo have plenty of split ends.

Congratulations and happy shaves,

Jim

I have two of the same brushes that are in your photo. I just got the gray one (same as your white one) and it was pretty good right out of the box and I'm sure it will get even better. On the other hand, the wood handled B24 brush took quite a few wet/dry cycles before it really started to shine.

full

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I have two of the same brushes that are in your photo. I just got the gray one (same as your white one) and it was pretty good right out of the box and I'm sure it will get even better. On the other hand, the wood handled B24 brush took quite a few wet/dry cycles before it really started to shine.

Zenith.Unbleached.Boar.BrandNew.640.3-19-20.JPG

9-14-20.Unbleached.Zenith.Wood.640.JPG

Took me a long time to stumble across and discover the Zenith unbleached boars. They're far from broken in upon arrival. They take awhile to develop. They're also very much worth trying in my experience with these two.

Several new models of the unbleached Zeniths have hit the market since I acquired mine both of which are pictured brand new without any more split ends than they arrived with. (You'll notice some in the photos above.)

12-6-21.ATT.CR1.Radiator.SS-NIL.Zenith.Unbleached.640.JPG

8-9-20.UnbleachedZenithBoar.Vitos.FOCS.640.JPG

In the bottom photos you may see more split ends. They do break in very nicely and are fine brushes.

1649333744800.png

Rule of thumb: Boars are badgers, too.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:
Top Bottom