What's new

What is your favorite vintage non adjustable razor.

Tough question. I can only narrow it to three.
1940s Gillette pre-war triangle slot ball handled Tech. This is (for me) a very efficient yet mild razor.
1953 Super Speed (birth year for me)
"Alleged" Hoffritz Slant travel razor (alleged because there's no logo on the cap. It looks exactly like the Hoffritz logoed ones and is an extremely efficient razor.

Gillette Rocket Parat :biggrin1:

parat1.jpeg

Many Tech lovers around here and so am i :

1- Gillette british ball end Tech #24 (1956, full brass version) (without any hesitation)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2- Henckels 34s HD (although it has a blade alignment problem & it is more agressive than the modern HD)

3- Gillette british aristocrat junior #48

I like my SuperSpeed razors, I've got a couple of them. Or my Red Tip. I use one of those three almost exclusively.

But I just got a Tech in the mail, which I've been hearing good things about. No date code that I can see, but the Bakelite handle feels very good and nimble. And with it came an Everready travel razor. So those SuperSpeeds may be dethroned in the future.

Thanks for all the answers (so far).... Of all the responses a pre-war Gillette Tech or a Gillette RFB / new seems like something I would buy next. Even had to look up what RFB was ..

For me it is the one and only

Single Ring Thin Cap

Very important, the base plate and cap may not have any damage. As long as this is the case a Single Ring Thin Cap gives me a wonderful close but mild shave. Couldn't find something comparable yet.

Top Bottom