What's new

What is your favorite "value" brush .

I have several brushes, but recently picked-up a NIB Semogue 1305 Superior Boar Bristle Shaving Brush for about $14 (shipped) because it reminded me of one my Dad when I was growing up in the 60's. It surprised me ... used it in my Old Spice mug with a new puck of Williams soap .. I think I went back in time. Into the rotation it goes!

What is your best "value" brush?

Fine synthetic. Helluva deal for $25 shipped and while it's not up to par with my Paladin, it's such a great value that I understand they're getting difficult to find.

Omega 10066. When I first started wet shaving I was researching brush after brush and at first I was convinced that badger was the only way to go but I was on a pretty strict budget so the only badger brushes I could afford were the cheap ones on Amazon and they didn't have great reviews and I didn't want to get something that wouldn't last. I was watching a video from Nick Shaves and he talked about how he loves his Omega 10066 so much and I started to look into boar. I found an Omega 10066 online for $6.99 plus shipping. I had bought some blades, soap and a blade bank from the same site to bundle for shipping purposes so I'm not too sure how much it was with shipping but it was very reasonable. I use this brush almost every shave. It's not just a great brush for the money, it's a great brush in general.

Hands down, my Semogue 820. I think I paid about $15 for it. I almost always reach for a badger but whenever I use this brush, I'm reminded of how great it is.

I feel like a bum! You guys are talking about "value" brushes and the price tags are what I consider high! My value brush is a Burma-Shave brush I purchased for $4 at a grocery store! Its nothing fancy, but its a fantastic brush in my opinion. On a side note, can anyone recommend a decent Badger brush at a lower price? I'm on a budget! Thanks everyone!

I feel like a bum! You guys are talking about "value" brushes and the price tags are what I consider high! My value brush is a Burma-Shave brush I purchased for $4 at a grocery store! Its nothing fancy, but its a fantastic brush in my opinion. On a side note, can anyone recommend a decent Badger brush at a lower price? I'm on a budget! Thanks everyone!

This will sound like a classic wetshaver's rationalization, but the cost of a Semogue boar brush amortized over several years of use is very, very low.

If you are on a strict budget I would recommend sticking with boar, since you can get much greater bang for your buck there, IMO.

If we are talking about the best brush at the lowest price point, then all my brushes are value brushes.

My value brush is a Burma-Shave brush I purchased for $4 at a grocery store!

I paid $6. Still a great value. I am very pleased with my 2nd VDH badger brush. My first shed like a dog. This one is retaining bristles and feels more like boar on my face than a badger.

But my Semogue 620 is soooo much better than the other two, and for not that much more...maybe $20, my vote goes to it.

Delong Silvertip for $29. At least 3 months old, not a single shed and decadently large knot, fan and loft.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Satin Tip
The Purest Black Luxury Synthetic Shaving Brush
$14.99

$satin tip.jpg

As far as the 'bargain' brushes go, I'm going to have to say Omega for Boar and synthetic. The Bambino is a massive tiny workhorse, and the S-Brush has what the Plisson does but with a Boar's back bone.

Top Bottom