What's new

What is your favorite "value" brush .

I'd say any of the Semogue or Omega boars are of great value. The WD brushes are also great for the price point. If I had to choose my favorite, I'd say the Semogue 1250 is the best value for the money.

I thought the knot might be a little small on the Fine, what are your thoughts?
It's fine for me, but I never was a monster lather maker. My second favorite badger is my 18mm TGN Finest. I'm not sure if it's the same knot as the Plisson, but lather consistency was very similar.

Breeto best badger for $20 (Amazon). I bought it as a backup, but it is a regular part of my rotation.
What it lacks in density it makes up for in softness. It was a nice find.

The Semogue 2000 was the best value brush For me, though I rarely use it now as I prefer badger. I haven't been impressed with the quality of the other brushes I've owned in the 15-30 dollar range. The best overall value was from my restored brushes since I made them with higher grade knots. They ran about 25 dollar for handle+knot.

I feel like a bum! You guys are talking about "value" brushes and the price tags are what I consider high! My value brush is a Burma-Shave brush I purchased for $4 at a grocery store! Its nothing fancy, but its a fantastic brush in my opinion. On a side note, can anyone recommend a decent Badger brush at a lower price? I'm on a budget! Thanks everyone!

I would stay away from the Tweezerman. The one I had was quite prickly.

$image.jpg

$15 - even though it's a small knot, it performs well and the suede-like texture of the handle is grippy when wet. Makes a nice travel brush, but won't replace a good boar/badger at home.

My Vie-Long 13710 Horse Hair for $18. It beats anything I have in badger or boar. It has much better backbone than most horses. I love it so much that I bought a back-up in case I out live the first one.

Top Bottom