What's new

What is your favorite "value" brush .

The Omega 10066 and 49 are both great values in boar. The Whipped Dog is a great value in synthetic. When it comes to badger brushes, I think the winner is the Vintage Blades 24mm Finest. This is a quality 2-band brush for $39.99. I don't know of anything else that even comes close.

$20150618_102918.jpg

Omega 10066. When I first started wet shaving I was researching brush after brush and at first I was convinced that badger was the only way to go but I was on a pretty strict budget so the only badger brushes I could afford were the cheap ones on Amazon and they didn't have great reviews and I didn't want to get something that wouldn't last. I was watching a video from Nick Shaves and he talked about how he loves his Omega 10066 so much and I started to look into boar. I found an Omega 10066 online for $6.99 plus shipping. I had bought some blades, soap and a blade bank from the same site to bundle for shipping purposes so I'm not too sure how much it was with shipping but it was very reasonable. I use this brush almost every shave. It's not just a great brush for the money, it's a great brush in general.

+1. Omega 10066 forever!

Very simple. Can't speak to Omega but the Semogue OC boar (($28 if you shop online) is by far and away the best boar value brush I own. If you want badger and are willing to spend some more - I've had great experiences with WSP brushes. Not at all in the same price category but for what you get they are great.

I have to agree that the Semogue Owners Club boar is hard to argue with when comparing performance to dollar amount. Omega also is one to consider, especially my two favorites - the 11126 and the 10098.

#2 on the Satin Tip synth for $15. I still love the Plisson Synth at $30, and I'm getting to like the 830 at $22, but so far the Satin Tip wins the value prize. Maybe I'll get an S-brush one day and see if that takes the cake.

Believe it or not I have a Sekine bristle that was NOS and when I opened it I thought WTH but it's got some fabulous backbone and performs superbly, paid like $13 for it

Top Bottom