What's new

What is your favorite synthetic brush for face lathering?

I face lather exclusively and currently use a Whipped Dog synthetic, which is fantastic; I'm just looking to add to my arsenal this Christmas. Thanks in advance!

A great feeling brush is the mixed badger and boar Omega 11047 $14.

Yes, it’s tiny, but delivers as good as my Semogue 610/1305

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I use the Razorock Plissoft brushes and they are great, very reasonable priced and give me great lather display with good comfort to boot. Easy to dry also a known for synthetic brushes, Plissoft 24 mm is a excellent knot IMO.

Right now the the pony knot rainbow from Yaqi. I don't have to force this thing to splay like my tuxedo. Also a bit softer without flop.

Sent from my RNE-L01 using Tapatalk

Maggard 30mm.
The only synthetic brush I have tried that had a decent backbone without being springy and almost badger-like splay.

Muhle STF V2 is a fantastic synthetic brush. A bit on the pricey side for a synth, but worth it imo. Must have used mine in excess of a hundred times and it still looks brand new and has never shed a single hair. Unfortunately I dropped mine and chipped the handle - really upset me at the time.

Since I gather that most knots are made by Yaqi it makes sense to me to buy Yaqi brushes straight off AliExpress. I have:
26mm Tuxedo
24mm Mew Brown Moka
26mm Timber Wolf

Hard to choose - I use the 24mm for smaller soap pots. The Timber Wolf is very nice, but it's so close it's a toss up.

I have 5 favorites right now and all knots were set by me...
20181104_084633-jpg.925506

#1 24mm APShaveCo Synbad / Shore Shave/Turned Timber by Bill handle
#2 26mm TurnNShave Timberwolf fan / DC Shaving handle
#3 25mm TurnNShave Angel Hair fan / DC Shaving handle
#4 25mm TurnNShave Quartermoon / DC Shaving handle
#5 24mm APShaveCo Cashmere / Wild West handle

Razorock Barberpole Plissoft.

Also just recently ordered a 30mm yaqi tuxedo from WCS which I am looking forward to and is supposed to have more backbone than the "plisson/plissoft" type knots.

And coming up for the Holidays I will probably acquire an APShave co synbad/yaqi mew brown (almost identical knots). Heard excellent things about this knot as well.

I use the Razorock Plissoft brushes and they are great, very reasonable priced and give me great lather display with good comfort to boot. Easy to dry also a known for synthetic brushes, Plissoft 24 mm is a excellent knot IMO.

+1 I absolutely love my Razorock 400. The long handle is wonderful and I constantly wonder why all brush makers don’t have a handle in this design?

I'm still in the honeymoon stage (since Oct. 19) with my APShaveCo 24 mm SynBad. I use it for everything, including face lathering.
+1 I absolutely love my Razorock 400. The long handle is wonderful and I constantly wonder why all brush makers don’t have a handle in this design?
Because . . . it's too long?
That's just according to my personal preference. I like stubby handles.

Muhle, without a doubt. It has the the most natural splay of any synthetic i've tried. At least the XL. I haven't tried other sizes.

I'm still in the honeymoon stage (since Oct. 19) with my APShaveCo 24 mm SynBad. I use it for everything, including face lathering.

Because . . . it's too long?
That's just according to my personal preference. I like stubby handles.

That’s fair! I enjoy stubby handles for face lathering and the long for bowl lathering. Obvious reasons for that.

Top Bottom