What's new

What is Your Favorite Shave?

I’m curious what your favorite shave is.

My favorite shave is taking off a full beard with a straight or shavette. For obvious reasons I don’t do this often, but is is satisfying to see the beard come off with a razor that doesn’t get clogged up. I have taken beards off with cartridges, DEs, SEs, straights and shavettes. The unguarded blade is the easiest and most satisfying way to get the beard off. Carts, DEs and even SEs really need to have the beard reduced to stubble with trimmers or they get hopelessly clogged and are more likely to result in nicks.

I can get a daily BBS with a DE, SE, straight or shavette, and those are satisfying, but removing a full beard to a BBS with an unguarded blade adds in a fun factor.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
My favourite shave is every shave. After building up the willpower to commence my first straight razor shave, I found that I had no more left. I enjoy SR shaving so much now that I don't have the willpower to grow my whiskers for more than 24 hours.

Daily shaver here. I enjoy my weekend shaves a little more than my M-F getting-ready-for-work shaves, which are squeezed between 7 and when my wife gets up at 7:30.

On Saturday and Sunday I can take my time and might add an extra pass or a little more touch up without trying to race the clock. I can take a little more time deciding on the razor I'll use, blade, the soap or cream, etc.

Generally my favorite is the Slant Saturday shave, more often than not in the early morning before breakfast. I use a cream or a soap, make sure I have a 48-hour beard for the best result, do 2-3 passes, and finish with a cooling aftershave and Clubman powder. I do some of those things other days too -- but during the week I keep the passes down to 1 or 2, and it could be a 24- or 36-hour beard.

I try to shave every day but in the summer I might shave 2-3x a week as we are at the cottage a lot. No need to shave when you are covered in bug spray walking around in swim shorts and Crocs. 🤪

I do love shaving 3 days of growth off more than a 24 hour growth though. I love pulling out the big guns (Game Changer .84, Karve OC F, Razorock Hawk, OC, etc.) as I can’t use those aggressive razors every day.

same here I love shaving off a 2-3 month beard with my parker shavette and finishing off with a de razor down to a bbs smoothness and applying some creed aventus

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Hmmm. Will probably be my next shave - whenever that may be. My beard is approaching 2 years. I don’t plan on shaving until I have a reason. So I imagine that will be my favorite shave because it would take a really good reason to get me to do it.

I’m curious what your favorite shave is.
The unguarded blade is the easiest and most satisfying way to get the beard off. Carts, DEs and even SEs really need to have the beard reduced to stubble with trimmers or they get hopelessly clogged and are more likely to result in nicks...

Any shave which is quick, DFS(+) and irritation-free.
As for trimming the beard: never done it and I have managed to shave a monthly beard with a Feather Popular. It's even easier to shave 7 days+ if you use something like the FOCS. Just use a suitable blade like a Feather or a Med Prep.

Top Bottom