What's new

What is your favorite shave stick?

I create my own stick from soap leftovers by pressing them into an empty deodorant dispenser. To answer the question: I only like my own created sticks.
Do I qualify?

I have only tried La Toja, Arko & Palmolive which is the one I liked most and is currently on my travel kit on a Colgate Handy grip container.
IMG_Breakfast_20190611_194829_processed.jpg
I just ordered a Tabac stick to try, I think it's gonna be great.

Cheers

For those who prefer Speick to Tabac (i like both a lot), what do you put that down to (disregarding scent for a minute); they have identical ingredients until you get down to the minutiae. Could it be the Speick plant extract, perhaps that makes it a little less drying, or do you find the actual lather superior in use?

purely down to scent for me, and the same for plenty of great performing, not acceptable to my nose soaps.

Tabac is banished in eternity from my home.

I have tried all of the D.R. Harris sticks and like them all, but pushed to choose just one will go with.......
Windsor!
Second would be any of my homemade Mike's sticks, but choosing just one would go with Bergamot/Orange/Yliang (or would it be Orange/Cedar/Black Pepper?

TOBS Sandalwood
Nivea *body* which I think is not available any more.

I cannot stand the smell of Arko nor Derby.....would rather use a glycerin soap bar.....with NO smell

I was going to say Palmolive is my favorite as it's tremendously good value and never disappoints, but I got my first shave with a stick of Tabac today, and I really liked it. The lather is outstanding protection-wise, definitely better than Palmolive, and I even quite like the pong.

The only downside is that weight-for-weight it's four times the price of Palmolive here in the UK. If it lasts four times as long it's an easy win for Tabac, but I rather doubt that it will.

Top Bottom