What's new

What is your favorite setup for bird photography?

Thats a nice shot dude. Which series lens is that Sigma? Mine is the 150-500 5-6.3 DG APO HSM and it locks up my K-1II if FF and APS-C. I can confuse it for a sec and make and adjustment or two with the 1.4 AW RF teleconverter on but it always locks up quickly. Even my K-70 doesn't like it. Im trying to figure out if its just older firmware and if I can possibly find the latest and rent the dock to update it but Im not having the best luck finding anything so far.

Thats a nice shot dude. Which series lens is that Sigma? Mine is the 150-500 5-6.3 DG APO HSM and it locks up my K-1II if FF and APS-C. I can confuse it for a sec and make and adjustment or two with the 1.4 AW RF teleconverter on but it always locks up quickly. Even my K-70 doesn't like it. Im trying to figure out if its just older firmware and if I can possibly find the latest and rent the dock to update it but Im not having the best luck finding anything so far.
Sigma 50-500, 1:4-6.3 APO DG. Badge on side says EX Sigma.

I haven't tried to use either of my teleconverters for this lens often as I find they negatively affect auto focus and make softer images

As many megapixels as these cameras have I find cropping an image to be a better option than using a teleconverter. I will use extension tubes and manual focus at times to shorten my minimum focusing distance

Top Bottom