What's new

What is your favorite Oriental scented soap

Taylor of old bond street is a nice oreintal fougere.
Yes there is a category oreintal fougere.This is a fine example.
Deep,sweet,a little earthy and quite potent.

I'm a big fan of west coast shaving's oriental.
Me too! Just got it for Christmas and I'm impressed. Used a few times now and decided to order a backup.

I like it mixed with a tiny bit of Soap Commander Love (true Rose)... Adds a fresh rose tinge that takes it up a notch. [emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I have not smelled that one, but of theirs I have used Spice Road is the most beautifully constructed spice shave soap I have smelled. Artfully done this one.

I’m a big fan of OSP soaps and the scents are all great! They don’t get much mention on here but you have a lot of artisans producing great soaps and it’ll be harder for you to get these over there.

Shogun is fantastic - a sort of citrusy lemongrass ginger affair - very refreshing and one of my favourites

I haven’t tried spice road but it’s on my next order along with grapefruit and menthol. I believe there are some new scents coming for 2019 - Chambre (his take on farenheit) and some cream scents coming over to his tallow soap.

It’s a shame they aren’t more accessible to US shavers as I’m sure they’d have a good following!

P.s the Neroli is magnificent

I’m a big fan of OSP soaps and the scents are all great! They don’t get much mention on here but you have a lot of artisans producing great soaps and it’ll be harder for you to get these over there.

Shogun is fantastic - a sort of citrusy lemongrass ginger affair - very refreshing and one of my favourites

I haven’t tried spice road but it’s on my next order along with grapefruit and menthol. I believe there are some new scents coming for 2019 - Chambre (his take on farenheit) and some cream scents coming over to his tallow soap.

It’s a shame they aren’t more accessible to US shavers as I’m sure they’d have a good following!

P.s the Neroli is magnificent

Yes, I had a Neroli and also a Sandalwood sample. However, their best IMO is the narcotizing Orange & Patchouli. :thumbsup:

Brisa de Oriente by Eufros: heavy, spicy, stuffy even - like humid summer heat. Most of all it reminds me of Masala Chai: cinnamon, cardamon, cloves, nutmeg, peppercorn - they are all there, smelling wonderfully rich and balanced, accentuating instead of obscuring each other. My favorite winter soap.

So far I have to say

Musgo Real classic scnet (Patchouli, Vetiver)
ToOBS Platinum (I just get the warm nice and spicy aroma you could descripe as oriental
Stirling Nag Champa and Agar
Valobra Patchouli
Le Pere Lucien Cedar and Patchouli

Brisa de Oriente by Eufros: heavy, spicy, stuffy even - like humid summer heat. Most of all it reminds me of Masala Chai: cinnamon, cardamon, cloves, nutmeg, peppercorn - they are all there, smelling wonderfully rich and balanced, accentuating instead of obscuring each other. My favorite winter soap.

++1

Its interesting to see everyone's responses to this, because I feel like oriental gets a very broad descriptive base just like barbershop does. When I think about the soaps in my den I'm not sure that I would categorize any of them as oriental, but then I see some of the suggestions in this thread and I realize, well I guess this soap or that soap has some of those characteristics.
This is definitely not a criticism of anyone's suggestions by any means, just my interested observation! I've recently picked up some new edt samples so I'm on the lookout for soap/AS scent profiles that they might go well with and these type of threads are very thought-provoking.

Top Bottom