What's new

What is your favorite modern synthetic shave brush?

My new favorite synthetic brush is the RazoRock Hive MokaSoft High Density Shaving Brush. It's $20 when it's not on sale, and it not only lathers and splays great, I also think it's quite an attractive brush. I have not had good luck with the Simpsons synthetics (Chubby, Duke and Trafalgar), so I've been reluctant to try some of the other expensive synthetics like the Muhle STF and Omega EVO. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has used one of those and also has the RazoRock Hive to see how they compare.

1663098836940.png

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
My new favorite synthetic brush is the RazoRock Hive MokaSoft High Density Shaving Brush. It's $20 when it's not on sale, and it not only lathers and splays great, I also think it's quite an attractive brush. I have not had good luck with the Simpsons synthetics (Chubby, Duke and Trafalgar), so I've been reluctant to try some of the other expensive synthetics like the Muhle STF and Omega EVO. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has used one of those and also has the RazoRock Hive to see how they compare.

View attachment 1522048
It looks like my Yaqi Mew knot and it is a good knot for face feel and has that heavenly cloud like soft tips with a gentle splay scrub that I enjoy.
That handle looks awesome + easy to hold and I do have some Razorock Plissoft knotted brushes that generate excellent lather.

yaqi-r1738-s-purple-haze-mew-brown-synthetic-shaving-brush (2).jpg
Yaqi Purple haze 24mm Mew synthetic knot.
Have some great shaves!

View attachment 1522048
have you shaved with the Razorock 24mm plissoft? If so, I'd be curious in a comparison. I like the plissoft quite a bit. But if any drawbacl, though modest, the bristles are a bit springy, but that just may be the way synthetics are, I'm new to them.

have you shaved with the Razorock 24mm plissoft? If so, I'd be curious in a comparison. I like the plissoft quite a bit. But if any drawbacl, though modest, the bristles are a bit springy, but that just may be the way synthetics are, I'm new to them.
Sorry, I haven't tried any of the RazoRock Plissoft brushes.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Has anyone tried the newer versions of Plisson’s synthetic’s called ‘high mountain fibre’?

Their cheapest of the bunch is like $90 bucks. Sure would like to hear from some if they think they are worth that price?

My favorite synthetic brush is a Razorock Monster plissoft 26mm x 63 mm loft. $13.99/$8.99 on sale. Primary brush for the past 3 years. Just added the Razorock Big Bruce with the exact same knot and a different handle and will alternate. Both easily create plenty of great lather from all but my hardest pucks (Williams and MWF). Use a Razorock Blondie (Zenith 80N) Boar brush with a 26mm x 63 mm knot for those two soaps.

View attachment 1522048
That is a cool looking brush. Being an ivory handle guy, it's nice to see the incredible variation in handles these days.

Just received a Razorock Plissoft Barber 24mm today. I have two other synthetics, a Fendrihan, and a Maggard. I'll see how the Razorock stacks up tomorrow. :biggrin1:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
That is a cool looking brush. Being an ivory handle guy, it's nice to see the incredible variation in handles these days.
This is by far my favorite synth brush handle: The Executive Shaving Ultimate G4... it's understated elegance. Add to that, it's an amazing synth brush, though not inexpensive. Sorry for the poor first photo.. it's a crop from a SOTD photo, enlarged... lots of digitation. That's why I posted the image from the ESC site.

RESOTD1 (2).jpg
Re_ESC Ulitmate G4_26mm.jpg

This is by far my favorite synth brush handle: The Executive Shaving Ultimate G4... it's understated elegance. Add to that, it's an amazing synth brush, though not inexpensive. Sorry for the poor first photo.. it's a crop from a SOTD photo, enlarged... lots of digitation. That's why I posted the image from the ESC site.

View attachment 1522157View attachment 1522158
Dang Kim, you've got great taste! That's fantastic looking.

Top Bottom