What's new

What is your favorite Gillette NEW?

Here you have some info and a nice pic..

cam03337-jpg.571586

Gillette NEW Deluxe - 15mm vs 17mm, which one do you prefer?

It took me a while to grab a 15 mm... in fact, I got it a month ago.. I still haven't tried it.

Tuckaway handle? Seems like one possible identifier. At least increasise the odds looking at crappy auction pictures.

Any sure way to tell from pictures that it's a 15mm?
Look at the photo posted above, in particular, the side of the baseplate between the teeth. It's almost vertical on a 17mm, and slanted on the 15mm. All the 15mm models are traditional 3-piece - I have never seen a 15mm with the handle attached to the baseplate.

The other thing to look for is a Common Bar handle with flat, not rounded shoulders where the top piece meets the tube. The handle could have been swapped, but it's something to look for on eBay pics

Look at the photo posted above, in particular, the side of the baseplate between the teeth. It's almost vertical on a 17mm, and slanted on the 15mm. All the 15mm models are traditional 3-piece - I have never seen a 15mm with the handle attached to the baseplate.

The other thing to look for is a Common Bar handle with flat, not rounded shoulders where the top piece meets the tube. The handle could have been swapped, but it's something to look for on eBay pics

Thanks. Good eye seeing that angle between the teeth. Is the top left handle in this picture an example of the flat shoulder?

IMG_0697.JPG

Thanks for the clues. Gives me a little better chance.

Is the top left handle in this picture an example of the flat shoulder?
Exactly - the top left handle has the flat shoulders compared to all the others.

I can't tell from your pics because the top caps are underneath casting funny shadows, but both your Deluxes look like 17mm

Exactly - the top left handle has the flat shoulders compared to all the others.

I can't tell from your pics because the top caps are underneath casting funny shadows, but both your Deluxes look like 17mm

Yep. Even went and double checked, though both came from reliable sources identified as 17mm. Finding that angle on the baseplate is going to be tough, but it's one more thing to look for. Even the comparison pic earlier in the thread it's obvious on the top edge, but due to lighting/shadow, you can't see it on the bottom comb. But having some clues is better than none.
Thanks
Mark

Oh, almost forgot. Have to find a NEW/Hybrid Tech also. Yea, that will be easy. :a17:
Not so much.

I was fortunate enough to grab one from the UK e-bay. Might be worth checking there off and on, as I think it likely that more will pop up over there than on this side of the pond. That's my theory, anyway.

(By the way, glad to hear that you are enjoying the Deluxe you bought from me. It looks pretty good in your pics, too.)

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Thanks!
I wanted to cover most of the variations, and I'm pretty much there. I'm excited! Potentially months of testing and enjoyment ahead! Pretty much changed my whole razor lineup because of this thread. Early results say it's all for the better.
Hoka, you really go all in!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Not so much.

I was fortunate enough to grab one from the UK e-bay. Might be worth checking there off and on, as I think it likely that more will pop up over there than on this side of the pond. That's my theory, anyway.

(By the way, glad to hear that you are enjoying the Deluxe you bought from me. It looks pretty good in your pics, too.)

The "That will be easy" comment was definitely tongue in cheek sarcasm. :a17:
And yes, really liking the Deluxe. Thanks again.

Hoka, you really go all in!

There's a sort of method to my madness. I'm working my way backwards through all the classic Gillettes. Pretty much done with adjustables, Super Speeds, and Techs. NEW's are next.

Well that Deluxe is nowhere near the Belmont/Criterion ones stand.
Need to fix that! :lol:

Once Gillette invented NEW who need adjustables and SS? :lol:

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
There's a sort of method to my madness. I'm working my way backwards through all the classic Gillettes. Pretty much done with adjustables, Super Speeds, and Techs. NEW's are next.
I like it!

Top Bottom